Pirate 4x4 banner

what springs?

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  tbecktold 
#1 ·
Looking to go sua with 35's, probably going with skye man. recessed shakle. What springs would you suggest? Thinking about running the rancho 44044

#3 ·
i was really hard for me to keep my truck low enough up front when i did my SAS...and went SOA....i first went with a set of 4in trail gear springs that got trashed in a little over a year (went flat)....now im running toyota rears up front....all get some pics up here over the weekend...i just didnt want my leaft springs dragging all over everything

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
Could you use the rears from a 4runner? How do the toyota pick up rear springs hold up? Do you need to add any leafs to the pack or could you pull a set and throw them directly under the truck? I have a v6 sas pathfinder and want to get ahold of a pair of toyota rear springs to move the axle forward. Are you guys also moving the steering box forward?

#8 ·
Yes it is a waggy 44.

Turning radius is alright. My drag-link is too long(or short) right now, so I only get full lock to one side, and it rubs the springs before it reaches the stock steering stops.

I have 3-3/4" backspacing and no wheel spacers.

So no, I wouldn't outboard the springs any further.

#9 · (Edited)
I guess it also could have helped to state, it's 03 cc frontier. I was thinking sua just to try and keep things low. This will continue to be my dd for at least 2-3 more years, gotta get the kids into grade school. I'm going to have to look into soa with toy springs since that seems to be the new standard.

#13 · (Edited)
Im running RUF's from a 88 2wd yota on my 88 pathy. I havnt been able to wheel it yet, as i have a few things to finish up on it. I have done a few poser runs on a hill in the back yard and they seem to be very flexy. Hey Boardbysled. Have any pics of your front driveshaft? And did you cut and turn your knuckles?

#17 ·
Gotcha. You had any problems with binding or breaking your driveshaft? Ive read were some guys have had some problems with the pinion angle and ended up cutting and turning or going with a cv style setup. My 88 pathy is very similar to yours. I swapped out my stock rear for the matching dana 44 and used chevy 63's.

#18 ·

SUA with 44044s, I used Calmini's kit but moved it forward. Plenty low and flexy enough. My truck was (and will be) my DD, so it needed to be stable. And cheap; a bolt on each UCA tore out of the frame when I was in college.

It's about 21" to the frame on 37s. I used TG 1.5" spacers to keep my tires out of the springs, it's worked well so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.