Pirate 4x4 banner

Xterra lift and leaf spring help

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  granitex 
#1 ·
My buddy has an 03 xterra and the other day he asked me to take a look at it because something was rubbing. Yea he snapped both main leafs.

So he wants to jack it up 3" and i noticed all the kits were shackles and aal, i will be doing the planning and work because he knows nothing about it. All my experience lies in cherokee's and i cant find anywhere to just buy the main leafs. Is it possible to buy just main leafs. If not where is the cheapest to buy the leaf packs.

Any advice in doing a 3" suspension lift on these? Maybe a specific kit you recommend for a good price. Tire size recommendation, im betting he can stuff 33's.

#5 ·
I ran that kit for 4 years before I SASed. Loved it. CV's handle things fine, I only snapped one, and it wasn't from the angle, but from me being stupid. :shaking: There is a diff drop out there, A/C I think, but I really don't think it's worth it.

Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos

#7 ·
I like my diff drop, but the only reason that I did it was that I already had a spare diff that I was going to put an ARB into so I did it before hand. I dont think that I would drop the diff to do only the diff drop, but if you are doing other stuff at the same time it makes it a lot easier to justify.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.