Pirate 4x4 banner

Nisssan pathefinder

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  J.R 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there very one. I am new at this web site and I have no clew on how it work. So let me now if some gets this. I have a 1988 pathfinder with a z24 and I want to put a 2000 3.3 super charged in it. Has any one made there own engine adapter? The fly wheel's are the same diameter.

#3 ·
You would probably be better off taking a whole engine/trans/transfer package and dropping them in together.

Have fun with the wiring and plumbing. Everything is different as the 3.3 is OBD-II and has a lot more in it. 4 O2 sensors all need to be working with cats installed, the whole fuel system properly installed or you get a check engine light. Remember that the OBD-II is touchy enough that if you leave the gas cap loose you get the check engine light.

#6 ·
The 3.3 and the 3.0 use the same bell housing bolt pattern. The gear ratios are different (3.0 FS5R30A has a lower 1st, 2nd, 3rd, taller 5th). You will want the V6 transmission instead of the 4-banger, and the V6 transfer case (both have larger shafts in them). The FS5R30A behind the VG33ER has additional baulk rings for 2nd and 3rd synchronizers but otherwise is just like the VG33E version.

The engine stands off a VG30 from a Hardbody truck or Pathfinder will get the engine in the bay. If the VG33ER is complete just take it wholesale and stuff it in the engine bay. You will need a body lift or a custom hood to clear the supercharger, it sits high on the intake and the Pathfinder body sits low on the frame as compared to the Hardbody trucks. The VG33ER was built from 01-04, so it is not from a 2000 model year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.