Pirate 4x4 banner

im new here 1981 datsun sas build help!!!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  andrewcosmo 
#1 ·
I'm new to the 4x4 truck world!!! I have a 1981 Satsuma 720 And I'm looking to see what axles to use under my rig?? I wont be driving to wild just alil trail riding maybe a little mud! 33" will probly be the biggest tire ill ever run!!! Point me in the right direction!! Thanks for all the help!

#6 ·
cut down a chevy dana 44 to scout ll width.
why cut it down just go full widths,:p. anything you need to do can be done easily.
dont plan on driving it for a bit tho, i would use toyota axles if you have never done a swap before, same width or pretty dang close. cut the ifs off brace the frame and put front leafs on, steering will take some time its easy if you swap out to toyota, i have never messed with nissan stuff however if its just the box and i am assuming here.. shortening the column that would be to hard either. use stock yota rear up front easy to get a hold of. i have a build that shows my swap http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=893099. hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.