Pirate 4x4 banner

dana30 front

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Nskeeter99 
#1 ·
I know I know Dana 30's are crap!!! But I'm getting them dirt cheap!! I'm getting a set of dana30 and dana35 out of a 1992 Jeep wrangler they have 4:10 gear front and rear! Ill be running a stock Chevy 305,th350 trans 33/12.5/15 military tires. My question is can I run my stock devorst tcase that came out of my 1981 datsun 720? What can I do to the d30 & d35 to help them hold togethere alil better????? Thanks for any help!!!:beer:

#4 ·
I know I know Dana 30's are crap!!! But I'm getting them dirt cheap!!

1. Listen to what you already "know".

2. When things are dirt cheap, it is for good reason.

3. If you really are only ever going to run 33" tires, you're probably okay with a D30/35 combo. However, we all know 33" tires turn into 37" and 40" very quickly.

4. It is spelled: D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D. Not D-I-V-O-R-S-T :flipoff2:

#7 ·
the tcase in these truck are pretty tough. I have a mild 350 with 33s and no issue broke my trany in half but tcase had no issues. I have seen them doubled behind sbcs on other forums. the only one i heard complain about them breaking was a guy with a sbc and nitrous. your 305 ant gona hurt shit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.