Pirate 4x4 banner

soft brake pedal after sas

951 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sasnissan720 
#1 ·
just got the hardbody running bleed the brakes but they still hit the floor? air in the lines still or something else? any ideas would be helpful. also did a disc brake swap on the rear.

#3 · (Edited)
With the rear being converted to disk, and the front having bigger calipers then the original I would say it's your master cylinder that is the problem. It's not that it is broken, but rather it just doesn't have a big enough bore/piston size to push enough fluid to the calipers. The rear calipers alone take 3 or more times the fluid to push the pistons out then the original drum brake slave did.

I know on the newer Nissans (Frontier and X) that you can switch out the master for an early 80's chevy or dodge unit fairly easily. Just drill out the mounting hole I believe. Not positive though (I know folks have done it, just not sure if making the mounting holes bigger is the only thing you need to do), I didn't need to do this.

Hope that helps, and good luck
Cheers,
Josh
&
Porthos
:grinpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.