Pirate 4x4 banner

3-link frt and rear

35K views 129 replies 29 participants last post by  bigfinderman 
#1 ·
well, I have been more of a reader to get info for lots of things for my truck. I saved for parts quite a long time. I attempted to do it all myself but geometry got the best of me. Patrick at Those Guys in Bremerton helped me out of a big jam. Thanks, Pat.
as it looked in April...

as it came out of Those Guys in July...

I also installed a 240SX intake to make room for the crossover brace.

there are a couple of small items to finish, i.e. front driveline, connect e-brakes, etc. but overall, I think this is going to be a blast to wheel. Once again, thank you Those Guys!

See less See more
#6 ·
So how well does the rear 3 link work? Why not run a 4 link in the rear? What was your reasoning behind going this route? Also can you post more pics of the rear coil setup. In one of the pics it looks like the lean out toward the side of the truck. Could be the pic angle though. Also I can't tell if the frame was notched or if those upper mounts are just welded to the frame.

Looks good man. You did a real nice job.

#8 ·
SteevO is correct, I went with the 3-link so I didn't have to move the gas tank, the frame was cut for the rear mounts. I didn't have anytime to drive it around and test it out before I left. when I return in the beginning of the year I will be finishing it up and doing a shakedown of it. the 10 min drive home though was a blast.

#12 ·
Good looking rig bro! Just a few criticisms. The bend in that front upper link is a little concerning. I wouldn't put such a sharp bend in it. Also, watch those rear coilovers. It doesn't look like there is enough clearance between the shock bodies and the frame.

#19 ·
Definitely diggin' it. Good work on the bumper. I would've closed the bumper around the winch a little more or perhaps made a cover to go over it to keep the snow and shit out of there in the winter. Great looking truck though.

#22 · (Edited)
Bumper looks great! Hey, is there any way you could take a few pics front and side shots of your steering box/pitman arm, and trackbar frame mount and axle mount? I am having trouble fitting it all in and wondering how you/they did it? Stock steering box and placement? I can almost see it in second to last pic in post 15, Thanks

#23 ·
I'll get some pics for you. the steering gear has been moved forward about an inch as the placement of the axle was moved forward for clearance of the tires to the front of the cab. I have a stock arm with 1T TREs from a chevy to DOM tubing on a high steer kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.