I payed for training with Double Impact - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16699
I payed for training with Double Impact

worth every cent. 550 for those that need to know, 2 full day's, 1K rounds+.

I have never paid for training of any kind. I never saw the value in it and was very worried that I'd be severely disappointed. I wasn't.
I'm a self taught shooter. If it jumps up I can knock its eye out but suck at aiming most of the time but..........not always. So I figured that was good enough. I've done quite a few 3gun events and always had a blast, never cared how I placed. Then I started shooting USPSA and discovered that close wasn't good enough.
I've been doing it for a little over a year and I could be real good at it. I shoot production with a G17. I'm real good at breaking the courses down and all that but, the steel kicks my ass. Why ? Because I have to aim. I have to have a good grip and trigger discipline. I had none of it.
To say I was becoming frustrated is an understatement. I worked out all the kinks and quirks, sights I could see, gear I was happy with etc. The only thing left was me.

So I had a chance to take a class taught by Max Michele and Blake Miguez. Both National champs and Blake won the World Championships this year.

Couple of things happen when people are teaching a class. The bottom people hog the majority of the instructors time and the middle and top feel like the got the short end of the stick or, the bottom is given the basics and told to follow along as best the can. None of these thing happened in this class.

I was the bottom rung in the class and because there were two instructors, I was blessed to have Blake spend a LOT of time talking in my ear. He and Max listened when I told them what I needed out of the class. I was honest about my short coming's and that made it so they could address my grip and trigger manipulation from the start.

The class was honestly geared to address ALL levels of shooters.

In the end it was Max and Blake that got the short end of the stick. There's is no way to put a value on the info I got from them. I'm a new shooter because of them.
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 135902
Trigger time is important, but there is no replacement for quality instruction.

Where was the class held? I'm always up for new trainers and a different angle on things.
bonedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2012, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
I build stuff

Member # 14561
What class specifically?

Want to know how I lost 35lbs? Try INSANITYŽ.
www.beachbodycoach.com/petermhope

"Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid"

Colorado Springs, CO Based FFL-07/SOT
aloharover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 08:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 13467
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloharover View Post
What class specifically?
http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/s...ia-march-10-11

Todd, you should have let me know you were in town.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 16699
It was a class geared twords speed shooting in general. Not specific to any one disipline.

Ben, i wasnt sure what i was doing or Id have called for sure
rockmup is offline   Reply With Quote