80% lowers - Page 13 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
 
Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Reply
 
Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #301 (permalink)
Mister Machinist
 
Gozuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Member # 3088
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 12,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by spork2367 View Post
Any kind of finish aluminum can...Really, what the hell kind of question is this. Type II anodizing, type III anodizing, duracoat, cerakote, krylon, line-x, magic marker, crayons if you press really hard,...

Colored pencils probably won't work.
What about type I chromic? :blackflippy:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TireFryerSS View Post
you must be a muslim synthesizer!!
Gozuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #302 (permalink)
buy my AR Parts
 
powthief19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 108848
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Posts: 1,344
Some folks were having the detent problem and some weren't... we went a little deeper to cause less hassle.

right now i'm about to ship out another 60 or so and I'll post up what order I get through when I'm done tonight.

thanks for all of your patience, i appreciate it. pm for for my phone number if you would like to discuss your order and where its at in the stack.

anybody in the norcal area, build party date on 2/23 in rancho cordova. email me at billetriflesystems@gmail.com for more info. our lowers only at this time.


Chris
__________________
#4494

Billet Rifle Systems
Billet AR15 80% Receivers
www.billet80.com
powthief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 05:11 AM   #303 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Member # 52788
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwlman View Post
Has anyone had issues with the safety selector detent not fully engaging the selector? I have tried two different spring, detent, selector sets but they both allow the selector to wiggle around when in fire or safe. Maybe the stop wasn't drilled deep enough?
I drilled it a little deeper like everyone suggested and it works great now. Thanks everyone!
Jwlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #304 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 108445
Location: Greater Southwest
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo View Post
what kind of finishes will these things take?
Home Aluminum Anodizing

Anodizing Aluminum

How To Anodize Aluminum - YouTube


Aluminum Anodizing Motorcycle Parts - YouTube

Anodising aluminium at home part 1 ✔ - YouTube

Anodizado de Aluminio - YouTube
rocket flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #305 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Pixel Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member # 255762
Posts: 34
Chris, are you set up for engraving or have a source that does it for you?

Just asking because I'm a little nervous about taking it to an unknown engraver that's never even touched an AR lower receiver and fawk it up.

I want to commemorate my first build not to mention my first Mil style rifle with the 2nd amendment on the left of mag well and since I'm a Texan "Don't Tread On Me" on the right side.


Richard

Last edited by Pixel Assassin; 02-21-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Pixel Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #306 (permalink)
buy my AR Parts
 
powthief19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 108848
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Assassin View Post
Chris, are you set up for engraving or have a source that does it for you?

Just asking because I'm a little nervous about taking it to an unknown engraver that's never even touched an AR lower receiver and fawk it up.

Richard
nope.
__________________
#4494

Billet Rifle Systems
Billet AR15 80% Receivers
www.billet80.com
powthief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #307 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick
 
usmcdoc14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Member # 13344
Location: Virginia
Posts: 13,556
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Assassin View Post
Chris, are you set up for engraving or have a source that does it for you?

Just asking because I'm a little nervous about taking it to an unknown engraver that's never even touched an AR lower receiver and fawk it up.

I want to commemorate my first build not to mention my first Mil style rifle with the 2nd amendment on the left of mag well and since I'm a Texan "Don't Tread On Me" on the right side.


Richard
find a REAL engraver, not a "trophy shop". Your best bet would be a place that does headstones or even a CNC mill shop.

You can also electro etch or acid etch but it will require learning on your part and a little skill.
__________________
Doc-14 Tactical Products:
When it absolutely, positively needs to be made from random crap found in the back of my garage.


You cant ban knowledge, learn to make your own guns right Here.
New York, Colorado, Maryland, Conneticut….is your state next? Yes it is. Write, Vote and Fight.
usmcdoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 06:35 AM   #308 (permalink)
Mister Machinist
 
Gozuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Member # 3088
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 12,771
Find someone with a CNC mill.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TireFryerSS View Post
you must be a muslim synthesizer!!

Last edited by Gozuki; 02-25-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Gozuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #309 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2001
Member # 4554
Location: Atlanta, Ga. USA Earth Sol etc.
Posts: 1,295
Send a message via AIM to bluesman2a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuki View Post
You can send it from BRS directly to me. I can engrave it, and send it on to you. Easy.
This interests me... What kind of engraving are you capable of? Can you do graphics or just print? Got pics of previous engraving work?
__________________
<blank>
bluesman2a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #310 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Pixel Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member # 255762
Posts: 34
Thanks Doc and Gozuki
______________________________________________
On another note...
Excuse my lack of knowledge on this in advance as I have never owned a Military style firearm other than my Springfield Armory 1911. I'm not asking about legal advice, just concerned about it being confiscated and or me being arrested.

I do have a concern about publicly displaying this when its a completed AR 15 (because of all the P#$%&*s opinions) as I do fully intend to have it out (just because of their irrational fear of a black gun) if someone comes down my road that doesnt belong here. I say this because we've had some thefts and break-ins surrounding our properties of late.

1. I live in a private area and me and my 2 neighbors own the 3 sections of the only road in or out to our properties and in a nu-incorporated Texas county. If someone reports that they saw me on my property with this and, or the county sheriff sees it, could there be any consequences like going to jail?

2. Could their be a problem with me taking it to my local firing range or hunting?

Last edited by Pixel Assassin; 02-23-2013 at 12:37 AM.
Pixel Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:52 AM   #311 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member # 256738
Posts: 1
Chris,

What type of CNN mills are you using to make the lowers? Any chance of a video tour of the shop or machining? I have to wait another few weeks until you get to my order so a little distraction might help pass the time.

T
tspisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #312 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Member # 239594
Location: Colorado Springs, co
Posts: 95
Just received my 5 pack of lowers ans Jig from BRS. Damn these things are works of art. Thanks Chris and Gang.
Couple of questions from a new to Ar guy:

1. Lower comes with a pin and set screw for the bolt catch. Where is this located on the lower?
2. Rear takedown pin detent hole is located below the buffer tube threads looking from the rear, correct? And also if I do have to open this hole up with 3/32" bit, is it a drill thru hole or stepped and how deep to drill?
3. Safey Detent pin hole, if I have to drill this out, is there a depth or thru? Also what size if known?

Thanks for any help for a new guy,

Roger
RogerRonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #313 (permalink)
Unleash the me.
 
LucasFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Member # 113176
Location: Americatown, Japan
Posts: 10,040
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel Assassin View Post
Thanks Doc and Gozuki
______________________________________________
On another note...
Excuse my lack of knowledge on this in advance as I have never owned a Military style firearm other than my Springfield Armory 1911. I'm not asking about legal advice, just concerned about it being confiscated and or me being arrested.

I do have a concern about publicly displaying this when its a completed AR 15 (because of all the P#$%&*s opinions) as I do fully intend to have it out (just because of their irrational fear of a black gun) if someone comes down my road that doesnt belong here. I say this because we've had some thefts and break-ins surrounding our properties of late.

1. I live in a private area and me and my 2 neighbors own the 3 sections of the only road in or out to our properties and in a nu-incorporated Texas county. If someone reports that they saw me on my property with this and, or the county sheriff sees it, could there be any consequences like going to jail?

2. Could their be a problem with me taking it to my local firing range or hunting?

No.
__________________
"Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say that there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe."
LucasFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:05 PM   #314 (permalink)
buy my AR Parts
 
powthief19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 108848
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRonas View Post
Just received my 5 pack of lowers ans Jig from BRS. Damn these things are works of art. Thanks Chris and Gang.
Couple of questions from a new to Ar guy:

1. Lower comes with a pin and set screw for the bolt catch. Where is this located on the lower?
2. Rear takedown pin detent hole is located below the buffer tube threads looking from the rear, correct? And also if I do have to open this hole up with 3/32" bit, is it a drill thru hole or stepped and how deep to drill?
3. Safey Detent pin hole, if I have to drill this out, is there a depth or thru? Also what size if known?

Thanks for any help for a new guy,

Roger
1. On the drivers side right above the mag release slot.
2. You won't have to.
3. you should not have to do this either...
__________________
#4494

Billet Rifle Systems
Billet AR15 80% Receivers
www.billet80.com
powthief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:12 PM   #315 (permalink)
Sure
 
RimDJsTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Member # 204956
Posts: 13
I just got mine(2) in today also. Very beautiful. Was smiling as soon as I saw the box, and didn't stop until well after I opened it up. I've never held any other billet 80% lowers, but these are awesome. Can't wait to build a rifle now. Thanks a lot Chris! looking good.
RimDJsTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #316 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 108445
Location: Greater Southwest
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRonas View Post
Just received my 5 pack of lowers ans Jig from BRS. Damn these things are works of art. Thanks Chris and Gang.
Couple of questions from a new to Ar guy:

1. Lower comes with a pin and set screw for the bolt catch. Where is this located on the lower?
The BRS triangle is pointing right at it in this photo:

rocket flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #317 (permalink)
buy my AR Parts
 
powthief19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 108848
Location: Gardnerville, NV
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by RimDJsTJ View Post
I just got mine(2) in today also. Very beautiful. Was smiling as soon as I saw the box, and didn't stop until well after I opened it up. I've never held any other billet 80% lowers, but these are awesome. Can't wait to build a rifle now. Thanks a lot Chris! looking good.
I'm glad you like them... please post pics once they are done and before the boating accident.
__________________
#4494

Billet Rifle Systems
Billet AR15 80% Receivers
www.billet80.com
powthief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #318 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Member # 239594
Location: Colorado Springs, co
Posts: 95
Thanks for the quick replys to my questions and now I feel like an idiot when looking at the billets more. I'm still fingering mine, it is so nice.

Thanks again,
Roger
RogerRonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #319 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Pixel Assassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member # 255762
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasFury View Post
No.
Thanks
Pixel Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:48 PM   #320 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Member # 108445
Location: Greater Southwest
Posts: 3,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRonas View Post
Thanks for the quick replys to my questions and now I feel like an idiot when looking at the billets more. I'm still fingering mine, it is so nice.

Thanks again,
Roger
Good to watch some assembly before doing anything

Assembling an AR-15 Stripped Lower 1 of 2 - YouTube
Assembling an AR-15 Stripped Lower 2 of 2 - YouTube
rocket flier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #321 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Member # 239594
Location: Colorado Springs, co
Posts: 95
Thank you, also found ITS tactical has some good vids.

Roger


Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket flier View Post
RogerRonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #322 (permalink)
Gay Guns for Gays
 
IEATRKS84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Member # 118035
Location: Front Royal, VA
Posts: 1,628
Got my 4 in saturday. They look great and im finishing them wednesday. Going to get an OD Green duracoat finish.
Attached Images
 
__________________
01/07 FFL Minutemen Supplies LLC
IEATRKS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #323 (permalink)
MORE ROCKS LESS TALK
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 141570
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 129
Mine came in yesterday's mail. Pure ART! I hate to put anything on it . . . but I will. Thanks Chris.
dirtydawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #324 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Member # 247769
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydawgZ71 View Post
Mine came in yesterday's mail. Pure ART! I hate to put anything on it . . . but I will. Thanks Chris.
Those look great! I have a few ordered along with a jig. My order number is in the low 900s. Hope yours was close to that LOL!
1MOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:55 PM   #325 (permalink)
MORE ROCKS LESS TALK
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Member # 141570
Location: Livermore, CA
Posts: 129
Ordered by phone so I didn't have an order number, but my order was placed January 28, if that helps.
dirtydawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.