Pirate 4x4 banner

Tactical Ambush or "how do I get this gay shit off my upper?"

34K views 165 replies 55 participants last post by  DRM 
#1 ·
So this will be a double post. Half vendor feedback, half tech related.

Firstly, the feedback. I contacted Tactical Ambush early February about some 10.5" AR barrel assemblies listed on their website. 10.5" pencil barrel with barrel nut and A2 site post gas block mounted for $155. I called, talked to Carlos the manager who was very nice, informed him that I was a dealer and if he would do bulk pricing. He said if I bought 10 assemblies they would be $125 each. Great! Take my money! He said he was super busy and he would pass me to his salesman Mike to do the sale.

This is where the problems start. Mike is very old, very talkative, and very easily distracted. He does convince me to add 10 A3 assembled uppers to the order for $89 a piece, sure. He interrupted in the middle of taking my CC number to complain about GB customers emailing and calling him all day asking where their stuff was. Red Flag #1. But, he takes my card and pedigree info and places the order. He states they do "300 barrels a month" so the order should be in the mail soon. Great, this is monday February 3rd.

Next monday, I have no email or phone call about the status of my order. So I email enquiring about the status, at this point im patient. Mike emails me back saying hes super busy, hell get me a status by the afternoon. Thursday rolls around, nothing. I call mike, nothing, I email mike, nothing.

That next monday I call Carlos back wondering whats up with my order because shit happens, you know? Carlos states the order isnt ready yet, but it should be in the mail by wednesday. Great!

Wednesday rolls around, nothing. From wednesday to friday no ones answering phone calls or emails. Monday I call mike, nothing. Email mike, nothing. I call carlos again. Same sob story, should be in the mail tomorrow.

Finally, friday February 21st afternoon im fucking pissed. I think im getting fucked out of $2000. So I blow mike's and carlos's phones up till someone answers. Carlos answers, tells me the barrels and the uppers are in but nothing else. I tell them, if you dont ship my product today im cancelling the order. We agree on $100 a barrel, because of no sites or barrel nut, and out they go!

So they arrive tuesday the 25th. What do I see? But a big gay fucking winking owl on EVERY FUCKING UPPER!!! It looks like im at a bar, I just recieved a free drink, and a gay owl is trying to lock eyes with me to let me know he bought it for me. Not to mention no receipt included in the box, 1 upper is missing an ejection port assembly, and no email with my invoice. Fuck.

If I had known these fucking things were on the uppers, I never would have ordered them. Shocking I know, but if you look on their website, the uppers listed dont show the bisexual owl

Anyways, picture of said gay owl is attached.

I tried steel wool and copper wool and wd40. It wont come off. I think they are laser etched. I want to try "alumna black" to paint over it. But id like some real world experience on covering this up, thanks for listening to my story.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Tactical Ambush screwed up my order as well. I had ordered a 16.5" barrel and they sent me the wrong one.
Took 3 emails for them to reply to me and once they did basically said the barrel I got was better. I said whatever it works for me but it was wrong, they say they will give me a discount on my next order. I try to order again from them with no response and decide to just take my loss and at least I received a working barrel.
every time I search for AR items on AMazon now I always skip their products. Just not worth it imo and your issue confirms.
I didn't get a name for the guy I spoke to.

nice owl btw :flipoff2:

#7 ·
Your first clue should have been when you were trying to place an order with somebody running a place called "tactical ambush."

It's like the weapons equivalent of some fuckwit with an MBA saying "synergistic synergy" during a meeting. Anyone who strings buzzwords together like that should be avoided at all cost, lest you be covered in gay owls. Besides, engraved uppers are stupid anyway.

#13 ·
:rainbow: :laughing:

I'd have sent that shit back so fast that the UPS truck would have melted its tires.

I gotta wonder though... do they offer a lower with the gay owl rollmark? That might actually trump the stupid DPMS cat.

#20 ·
At least one should have the penis in the owl's mouth and a pic sent back to taktickle ambusch.

#31 ·
Unless a good pic makes the owl look MORE gay, resulting in an even better price - just send me the PM now :laughing:

#35 · (Edited)
Silent solitary creature of the night, watching your every more, ready to tactical ambush it's prey.

Owls sound pretty badass now, dont they. Better mark them up before the internet operators scoop up these instruments of death at bottom dollar price. HOO-HOO-HOOOO cries the warrior.

#44 ·
Looks like I've got 3 gay owl uppers spoken for. I honestly didn't expect that.

I have 4 more gay owl assembled uppers with out barrels or anything. If people want, I can mount 7.5" barrels with UTG free float rails and angry flash hiders in them on Thursday?

#52 ·
Am I the only one that thinks the owl is kind of cool? I don't know that I would want it on my upper, but it's better than 99% of the gay shit the AR world comes up with. The "Tactical Dickbush" on the side bothers me more than the owl.

I say strip them and get a bulk deal on Cerakote in a common tan color that people seem to love.

#65 ·
Am I the only one that thinks the owl is kind of cool? I don't know that I would want it on my upper, but it's better than 99% of the gay shit the AR world comes up with. The "Tactical Dickbush" on the side bothers me more than the owl.
agreed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.