Benelli Nova, Super Nova or Stoeger 2000 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2007, 09:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 8932
Benelli Nova, Super Nova or Stoeger 2000

I am looking for feedback from people who have "ACTUALLY" owned or at least shot these guns.

I am looking for a good ALL AROUND hunter. I dont have a ton of money to spend and these are the guns in my price range RIGHT NOW.

I really, really want a semi auto but am a bit afraid of the Stoeger as it is the CHEAP gun made by Benelli or at least imported by them.

I can pick up the Model 2000 Stoeger (Semi-Auto) in camo for less than a camo Super Nova which is a pump, but I know the Super Nova is a good reliable gun.

The Nova is a nice cheap gun but is also a pump but is a bit skinnier than the Super Nova so it will be a BIT easier to handle but then it wont have the Comfortech recoil reduction like the Super Nova.

I dont want a bunch of Benellis Suck type comments if you dont have personal experience.

I own a nice Remington Wingmaster but dont want to pay to tap the barrel for chokes or spend the cash to buy a new barrel.

I have heard the, "Stay away from Stoeger," from the sporting goods store salesmen but then turn around and hear Stoeger owners saying just the opposite.

Gun will be used for pheas, quail, duck(hopefully), and turkey.

Thanks for the input.

[url]http://www.myspace.com/fatazzrunner[/url]

85 Runner, built O.K. I guess, waiting for 1 tons!!!
FatA$$ Toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 11:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 29131
I would get the Super Nova. I myself like pump better than semi's, I think they are more reliable (Yes I know a lot of semi's are very reliable also). I here the Stoeger 2000 is a good gun, in fact when I eventually by a semi, that will probably be the one I buy. Also both Nova's can shoot 3 1/2" shells, where as the Stoeger can only shoot up to 3". The main difference between the Nova and Super Nova is the comfort tech stock. Is it worth the extra money?
909K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2007, 11:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 8932
I dont PERSONALLY know if the comfortech is worth it or not, but I have heard it is. I just wish they could have left it more streamlined like the Nova.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:35 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 7938
Benellis Suck
KS Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 78780
Well if you want a semi auto walmart has remington 1800 on sale for 200 bucks. I like benellies but there price is rilly high. I have shot all of the ones you have listed. Personally the super nova I like best but I dont own any of them. Benellies have a bad problem about being picky on what ammo you shoot and somtimes wont kick out shells.
1ton383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 24434
I have a Remington 1187 and would not trade it for anything. I know I know i did not help it was not on your list, but that is what I have experiece with and cannot beat it

Jim
Old 01-21-2007, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 12780
Send a message via Yahoo to SCOTTS_4X
I bought my wife a benelli nove when she fell in love with one at the sporting goods store. very nice little pump gun. dissasembly via the built in tool (magazine cap) take about 1 minute if you are not in a hurry, sling swivel eyes moulded into the stock/magazine mounting lug. most of the gun is made of polymer that's easy to take care of yet will last seemingly forever, matte blue on the barrel that won't show scratches. my favorite feature is the magazine cut-off that allows you to empty the chamber without emptying the magazine (good for crossing fences or changing ammo). I paid 325 for it and would do it again in a heartbeat.

-Scott
Old 01-21-2007, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 17311
Stoeger is now a subsidiary of Beretta, and the side by side I have from stoeger is a great gun. got it for just under $450
Old 01-21-2007, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 77572
i have a nova pump. i love it. a nice, light, gun that's perfect for me since i'm not a very big guy. i picked the nova cause didn't see any reason to pay an extra 100 duckets or so for a silly comfortech stock . got my camo nova for $380 out the door........worth every penny IMHO.

Last edited by UniBomber; 01-21-2007 at 03:35 PM.
UniBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 8932
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS Toy View Post
Benellis Suck

Then I will take yours off your hands quick fast and in a hurry, for free of course since they suck.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 79207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue-Ball View Post
Stoeger is now a subsidiary of Beretta, and the side by side I have from stoeger is a great gun. got it for just under $450
According to the Benelli site Stroeger is a sister company based on the same tech, built i asia, but only accept 3" where the benelli will accept 3.5
Old 01-21-2007, 06:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 8932
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbelly7 View Post
I have a Remington 1187 and would not trade it for anything. I know I know i did not help it was not on your list, but that is what I have experiece with and cannot beat it

Jim
No, you did help me out some. I have been looking at the 11-87 at Wally World myself, just trying to decide if I want to spend 580.00 instead of 350-450 for the other guns listed.

I have always been a Remmy fan, just have heard so much good stuff on the Benellis and a few good things on the Stoeger.

Thanks again.

Old 01-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 8932
Quote:
Originally Posted by otherloginbroke View Post
According to the Benelli site Stroeger is a sister company based on the same tech, built i asia, but only accept 3" where the benelli will accept 3.5
The Stoeger 2000 will not handle 3.5" magnums but the P-350 will, only thing is, its a pump.

I would definately like a shotgun that will accept 3.5" magnum shells for turkey and geese but its not a requirement.

I also saw the Charles Daly tonight at Wally World for a good price as well as the Mossberg 935 Magnum, both Semi's.

Old 01-22-2007, 04:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 79207
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatA$$ Toyota View Post
The Stoeger 2000 will not handle 3.5" magnums but the P-350 will, only thing is, its a pump.

I would definately like a shotgun that will accept 3.5" magnum shells for turkey and geese but its not a requirement.

I also saw the Charles Daly tonight at Wally World for a good price as well as the Mossberg 935 Magnum, both Semi's.

I won a CD full camo pump gun, I never shot it, never liked it. Ended up selling it and using the money to pick up a used double barrel at a gun show a week ago.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 17311
Quote:
Originally Posted by otherloginbroke View Post
Read what I wrote again.

Yes, Benelli is a sister company to Stoeger. But as I stated, Stoeger is a Subsidiary fo BERETTA. Benelli is as well, hence making Stoeger and Benelli sister companies.

He never mentioned that he was looking for a gun that would accept 3.5" shells. So I didn't take that information into my responce.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:43 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 23675
Send a message via AIM to rckcrwlr87
Go with the Super. I've never shot a regualr nova, but I got to shoot my old man's super nova a few weeks ago and I really liked it. No kick at all. Just a nice all around gun. The only thing that I didn't like about it was it seemed a little heavy. But I was able to go out to the trap club and shoot 100+ round through it in an afternoon no problem. Its nice because like mentioned it will shoot up to 3 1/3" Mags for geese or cranes. Comes with 3 or 4 chokes and a little tool to remove them.

If I didn't need the money for a varmit gun I would definently go out and buy myself one without thinking about it to replace my remington 1100 semi as my hunting shot gun.
rckcrwlr87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 79623
I bought a Stoeger P-350 this spring. I haven't had any problems with it yet. It will shoot a 3.5" shell, but the plug in it does not make loading very easy. Two 3.5" shells in the magazine will not lock in, one shell is pushed back under the guide.
Dan R is offline   Reply With Quote