What's the deal with pistols in MD? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 07:06 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 44662
What's the deal with pistols in MD?

I know MD is a fucked up state WRT gun laws, but what's the current situation? Is there a list of band and or acceptable pistols out there anywhere? Can I take my pistols to MD without becoming a felon if I move?

Also a coworked said that he heard through the rumor mill that in order to buy a pistol you have to sign a waiver or agreement that allows the State Police to look into your mental health records/history. Any truth in that?
Old 10-01-2007, 07:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fistful of Boomstick

Member # 13344
Send a message via AIM to usmcdoc14 Send a message via Yahoo to usmcdoc14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY_DRIVER View Post
I know MD is a fucked up state WRT gun laws, but what's the current situation? Is there a list of band and or acceptable pistols out there anywhere? Can I take my pistols to MD without becoming a felon if I move?

Also a coworked said that he heard through the rumor mill that in order to buy a pistol you have to sign a waiver or agreement that allows the State Police to look into your mental health records/history. Any truth in that?

the only stupidity I know is:
no open trigger guard weapons
Derringers
High cap magazines greater that 20 can not be bought, sold, traded, blaablaabllaaa....but you can BRING them in the state, just can't buy them there

umm I sighed no waver like that

You cant ban knowledge, learn to make your own guns right Here.
New York, Colorado, Maryland, Conneticut….is your state next? Yes it is. Write, Vote and Fight.
usmcdoc14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2007, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 44662
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
the only stupidity I know is:
no open trigger guard weapons
Derringers
High cap magazines greater that 20 can not be bought, sold, traded, blaablaabllaaa....but you can BRING them in the state, just can't buy them there
So I don't have to divest myself of most of my mags? Suhweet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcdoc14 View Post
umm I sighed no waver like that
It is supposedly a fairly recent turn of events. Probably post VT incident.

Could you put a trigger guard on that derringer to make it compliant or does it have to come from the factory that way?

I know that I bought a 1911 which had a sticker on the case which read "Not for sale in MD or NY" CA and NJ may have possibly been on there too. It has to do with the fired case not being sent with the firearm from the factory.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 17904
Quote:
Originally Posted by PONY_DRIVER View Post
I know that I bought a 1911 which had a sticker on the case which read "Not for sale in MD or NY" CA and NJ may have possibly been on there too. It has to do with the fired case not being sent with the firearm from the factory.

That was the case just before I left Delaware. Maryland was in a big uproar over some gun manufacturers refusing to send a "reference casing" with it's hand guns. It's really just another feel good law. Law abiding firearms purchasers are not going to commit crimes with their firearm. Only the stolen ones used in crimes will match any already on record. Seems like they just wanted another form of recourse against the legal owner of that firearm. I think they can be held liable in the event one of their stolen firearms is used in a crime, but don't take this as gospel.
HalfFastFord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2007, 08:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 46933
every legal firearm in MD, by manufacturer...if it ain't listed, yer fawked...don't move there dood, it will fully suck ass

Linky to commie bastards
Old 10-01-2007, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 44662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boheefus View Post
every legal firearm in MD, by manufacturer...if it ain't listed, yer fawked...don't move there dood, it will fully suck ass

Linky to commie bastards
I know, but it's home.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.