Deer Hunting with Cadillacs - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 12919
Send a message via AIM to SoggyJeep
Deer Hunting with Cadillacs

On my way to the store today I saw a deer sprinting closer and closer to the highway a little bit ahead of me. Next thing I know it had crossed traffic only to be flipped upside down and land on the side of the road.

At this point I'm thinking, "Shit, dead deer, I hope the driver of the car is ok."

But No. I see the deer immediately get up and start sprinting away. Only he is missing one leg. The car must have broke it off. Not completely off, because I could see it flailing about as it an away. It looked to be maybe a 6-8 point buck from my quick glance.

I saw the caddy that hit is as I drove by, guy must have been startled as fuck. Luckily there was a State Highway Patrol car not too far behind. I don't think he saw the whole thing but I think he caught the deer running away with only 3 legs.

I guess I am just amazed at how damn fast the deer was running away, while missing a leg.

I sure hope they were able to get someone to put the deer down cause after the adrenaline of the accident wears off, that leg is going to hurt like a bitch.
SoggyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 44662
I whacked a 3 legged deer two years ago that we believe lost the bottom of a front leg to such an accident. She had been that way for several years and raised a set of twins most every year. Well until I came along and killed them all.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Member # 100536
i have vhs tape of a nice buck that was eating off my bait pile before season, and its front leg was small and curled up. he was still king though, and he walked just fine.
ZjSteveO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 12919
Send a message via AIM to SoggyJeep
It just amazes me to hear and see how resilient some animals are.
SoggyJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 18152
I shot a 2 legged coyote when I was a kid. Not sure if it was one incident or two but both damaged legs were healed and the yote was heathly as can be. I've caught fish with hooks and stuff in them too.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 5333
Send a message via Yahoo to 5spd
There is one such as this right now that visits my cousins corn pile every other nite thats about 20 steps from the front door. They have a trail cam that they have pics on. Its been that way for 5 yrs, they have watched it grow from a fawn to a good buck, and he is king, fights by swinging his leg at the other bucks. Next yr they will shoot him for meat.
I saw him in Oct when I visited them, runs like he has 6 legs though.
5spd is offline   Reply With Quote