My lower receiver is in limbo due to red tape, options - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Miscellaneous > Outdoor Sports and Recreation
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 40587
My lower receiver is in limbo due to red tape, options

Ok so day after the Election I bought a stripped lower from Pete. He sent everything and it came into my FFL on Jan 6. Apparently due to our wonderful state and the ATF running rampant a faxed copy of the FFL is not sufficient because (from what my shop tells me) the later on down the road if the ATF "can't read" the form they can come back and wreak havoc on the owner and repossess firearms or some other bullshit that while is hard to believe really isn't so hard to believe. Bottom line they need a copy with a live blue ink signature.

I physically seen and held the lower when i was picking up some ammo and a holster for my brothers first handgun, so it got to address it was supposed to. I emailed Pete about a week ago asking him if he sent it out, which he said he did about 1 week prior (so that's 2 weeks now) I believe Pete, he got the lower there I don't see how a blue ink copy of his FFL wouldn't. I don't know if some dumb bitch who gets the mail isn't getting it to the shooting sports dept, or if shes on some personal crusade to slow the sale of firearms, whatever. I don't know what to do. I don't want to come off as an asshole, Ive been very patient and I limited my calls to once a week so I didn't seem like a pest but trying to stay ontop of things. I'm fucking lost....

God damn I hate this shit, I hope its worth it once this thing is built and running.
[QUOTE=Dieselmh]I'll cave his fucking head in with a shovel, just to show him that just because he has opposable thumbs, that doesn't put him on the same badassedness level as humans. Stupid arrogant possums. :shaking:[/QUOTE]
The Black Sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Runner? What runner?

Member # 946
Send a message via AIM to 4runner
I have mailed copies, I have faxed copies, I have photographed and sent by email copies, they all work. The shop owner can even go to the ATF website and download a copy to verify it is good...someone is full of shit, namely the shop owner you are dealing with...
Old 01-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 39297
where at????I've never had any issue at hoffmans in newington, sounds like you need a better shop..
Old 01-23-2009, 04:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 40587
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilraine View Post
where at????I've never had any issue at hoffmans in newington, sounds like you need a better shop..
Hey Pete, haven't seen you around in a while. I personally hate Hoffmans and feeling like I'm inconveniencing them every time I go there. So unless I want something that day, I usually use North Cove Outfitters in Old Saybrook. I've bought from them before, they are a good bunch of guys, this is the first item Ive had shipped through a FFL though.
[QUOTE=Dieselmh]I'll cave his fucking head in with a shovel, just to show him that just because he has opposable thumbs, that doesn't put him on the same badassedness level as humans. Stupid arrogant possums. :shaking:[/QUOTE]
Old 01-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 39297
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Sheep View Post
Hey Pete, haven't seen you around in a while. I personally hate Hoffmans and feeling like I'm inconveniencing them every time I go there. So unless I want something that day, I usually use North Cove Outfitters in Old Saybrook. I've bought from them before, they are a good bunch of guys, this is the first item Ive had shipped through a FFL though.
never been there, have to put on the list.. I've been really busy,my moms sick, splitting up with the ex, you know all the fun stuff...
Old 01-23-2009, 05:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
I build stuff

Member # 14561
Actually I have sent two already.
I will send another on Monday with signature required. Then you know who is getting it.

FWIW a customer has been trying to get his lower since before Christmas. Their FFL has supossedly mailed it a half dozen times so far. Customer has confirmed with me multiple times my address. Their FFL wont fax or email it to me. Or give him a copy to email/fax

Want to know how I lost 35lbs? Try INSANITYŽ.
www.beachbodycoach.com/petermhope

"Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid"

Colorado Springs, CO Based FFL-07/SOT
aloharover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 40587
I'm more then convinced you have lived up to your end Pete, like I said it doesn't make sense that the lower would get there, but the signed copy wouldn't. I'm gonna call them up and tell them you are sending a 3rd one and I'm getting a little upset at this point that 3 have gone to the same address the lower has gone too and they are not reaching them. Maybe that will be enough.

Last edited by The Black Sheep; 01-23-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
I build stuff

Member # 14561
Wait till I get the sig confirm back. Then you can say orlly, billybob signed for it this am

Old 01-24-2009, 01:37 AM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 13467
Why not send it to Black Sheep and let him walk through the front door with it in hand?
Old 01-24-2009, 04:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
I build stuff

Member # 14561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Segrest View Post
Why not send it to Black Sheep and let him walk through the front door with it in hand?
I will do that also, good idea.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 40587
I asked the guy I was dealing with about this and he said not if Pete was smart. Apperently something about if I was crafty I could buy guns with it or something like that. This is a pretty fucked up state so who knows, we are only a step or two behind CA in terms of our gun laws. We are one of the few states that still has a post ban too.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:23 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 65026
Some places get weird about how you send an ffl. Most places I've dealt with were perfectly happy with me emailing them mine, but there was one or two that would only accept a signed in blood original copy delivered by Foil Hat wearing Pony Express Rider on the second Tuesday of a month that ends in Y.
misterfubar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
I build stuff

Member # 14561
What I find really strange is that they are not sending something to me, I can sort of understand the paranoia with that. Wanting to make sure the firearm is going to a valid FFL. But I sent the item to them. They just need to record my info in their bound book. Hell, they could just record my company name and address in the book.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
I build stuff

Member # 14561
Well according to USPS the shop will get the FFL by noon tomorrow.

I sent a copy to you just priority.

Old 01-27-2009, 04:01 PM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 38562
Send a message via AIM to Schmozilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black Sheep View Post
I asked the guy I was dealing with about this and he said not if Pete was smart. Apperently something about if I was crafty I could buy guns with it or something like that. This is a pretty fucked up state so who knows, we are only a step or two behind CA in terms of our gun laws. We are one of the few states that still has a post ban too.
Dude, your dealer is a dumb ass, I bet he does not accept transfers from individuals...get a new dealer...srsly, I have signed photo copies of my FFL that I will gladly give to anyone who asks.

and NO, you cannot buy guns with my FFL...I mean you CAN, but I will still get them ,we are supposed to check the addy on the FFL with what ATF has on file.
Schmozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 40587
Ok i called them up and let them know that its coming and that they are gonna have to sign for it. So if its on their end we will know for sure this time. I don't think I will be shipping anymore orders in to there. This seems to be more of a pain in the ass then its worth.