Can you guys help me identify these? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Radio Controlled Cars
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2011, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 89116
Can you guys help me identify these?

I don't have much experience with RC cars, I do have a Traxxas Nitro Rustler that I have toyed with on and off for a few years but it's not much like these.

I dug these out of a box of my wifes stuff from before we were married. All she knows about them is they were so and so's from years ago. They are obviously missing most of the electronics but what do I need to get them up and going? I know I need radios, battery packs, servos, etc but what kind and any recomendations on where to source them? Tower Hobby?

Here are the some pictures. Let me know if you need anything else to tell me what I've got.

COOSBAYXJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2011, 06:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 46168
Tamiya Bruisers. Nice find, I hate you.

I'd honestly sell them and buy something newer if you are going to bash. Those things were made back in like early 80's and don't have very strong parts. Being as they are getting rarer, even with the non-stock parts you could probably get enough from both to buy a new truck/electronics.

The first one has a Hilux body I believe, but those tires/wheels are aftermarket. The second has an aftermarket body and wheels/tires.

00 Excursion - v10, 05+ front end
93 D250 cummins - old tow rig, will donate engine to a good cause (such as replacing a certain v10)
02 Xterra

Last edited by gots_a_sol; 12-17-2011 at 07:03 PM.
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2011, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 141898
I would try to sell them on RCcrawler.5 years ago they would have been in the $600.00 range.Now about $300.00 ea.
speed goat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2011, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 89116
Thanks for the info guys. I've been doing some reading on these things now that I know what to look for. It's pretty cool to have some vintage trucks. I may keep them, at least one anyway just to have. If I really want one to bash on I'll just buy another truck.

I also got a bunch of extra rc parts too and it appears I may have a full set of stock tires and wheels
Old 12-17-2011, 10:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 46168
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed goat View Post
I would try to sell them on RCcrawler.5 years ago they would have been in the $600.00 range.Now about $300.00 ea.
I had one with a bum transmission and some parts missing/hacked up that I sold for $400 back in '05, so that is probably about right

I'm not sure how to feel about the re-released trucks yet. That YJ kit they have out now is awefully tempting. Well, at the least the body is, the rest of it looks iffy (either kit).

00 Excursion - v10, 05+ front end
93 D250 cummins - old tow rig, will donate engine to a good cause (such as replacing a certain v10)
02 Xterra

Last edited by gots_a_sol; 12-17-2011 at 10:18 PM.
gots_a_sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 118954
If you have all the original parts for it you could ebay it for $6-800. That truck is worth way more then $300, don't listen to that.

And for parts you need here is a list. Go to HolmesHobbies.com for your ESC & motor. Cheapbatterypacks.com has pretty good deals and great customer service. And 2 channel radio will work fine for what your doing also. A DX3 can be had for under $100 with receiver. Any ifo you need about your RC crawler can be found on RCCrawler.com. Hope that helps you out....

Last edited by Tattookenny; 12-30-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Tattookenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 89116
So I still have these but haven't done anything with them. I think I am just going to sell them both. Any interest here? Make me an offer, worst I can say is no Would also be willing to trade for parts I can use on my Scout.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.