Pirate 4x4 banner

Post your crawlers

341K views 584 replies 344 participants last post by  donato89 
#1 ·
What do you have?

#323 ·
Dave,

The realistic looking rigs are referred to as "scalers" and without a doubt the hands down truck to get is the Axial SCX10 in one of its several variations. Both of my rigs started as SCX10s, but I had to modify them to get the wheelbases I wanted so they would look best with the bodies I run. The SCX10 kits will come with a lexan body which is okay, but generally speaking not as realistic looking as the hard plastic bodies. Some look very sharp, though. I'm running a hard plastic body on the Jeep and my TTC-style early Bronco is lexan. I need to get some pics of that one to post here...

Tommy

#326 ·
Well I finally jumped from the bully to the berg bandwagon. Wow, what a difference. I was able to throw it together in a couple of evenings last week to make the final comp in our series on Sat. I still can't believe the amount of steering I have now. After being consistently 7th in our series, I was able to pick up 4th on Sat and ran my first perfect course (-20). Big thanks to Jeepsohigh for your help and parts.

Here's the build specs...

Bettlejuice V3
300 CVD's
CKRC rears
CKRC Steering
VP Knuckles
SLW V3's
HiTec 7950
Tekin FXR
Punk Dig
T1E Rear Links
Nova Foams
Rovers
Axial Comp Shocks
Futaba 3PM-X
Blitz 45t x2

#328 · (Edited)
#329 ·
my 2.2 comp

Custom chassis, stealth2 transmission w/ lockout, t-maxx d-shafts, fully built WK axles, Custom Delrin uppers and bent lowers in rear, aluminum uppers and bent lowers in front, AE coilovers, 401oz servo, 55turn, castle sidewinder ESC w/ 6v BEC, 3cell 2100mah LiPo, beadlocks, M3 masher2k's.

#330 ·
Here are 2 of the 4 that I have, these are my scalers.
First up is a 1.9 FJ cruiser:
1.9 Flatirons on Tamiya rims
Tamiya Leafs front and rear
GD-600 transmission
RC4WD T1 Disruptor Transfer Case
Axial Axles
X-Trail Frame
Integy 55t motor

Next is my newest scaler
Axial SCX10 kit, pretty much all stock with the exception that all the shock towers have been made out of steel rod. All the tube work is custom and bolted to the frame. Currently running a 55t motor w/xl5 esc (waiting for my 35t brushless to come in).

And this is how it sits now, didn't want to scratch up my nice body, so I chopped up my old blazer body and threw it on for some bashing.

#331 ·
My RS10

Not the best crawler but i'm happy with it. I wanted to do something different then everyone else (and i was on a budget) but here it is.
Chassis: Homebrew
Links:Homebrew
Shocks: Hot Racing Air Shocks 100mm
Motors: Banebot 390s
ESC: Stock
BEC: Castle Creations
Rx and Tx: TQ3
Servo: unknown brand 283oz
steering: custom highsteer
Wheels:stock
Tires:HB rovers
Weight:9oz front 4 oz rear

Pics of it with it's different panels

Attachments

#333 · (Edited)
Here is my Axial AX10 Scorpion RTR.

Specs:

Stock chassis, modified stock skidplate, stock Axial tranny modified stock shocks, stock esc, reciever, radio (testament to stock Axial parts, I have had and beat this thing for 3 years)
Titanium gear servo
65 turn integy motor
14 T pinion gear
Locked F&R
Alum clocked C hubs
Alum steering knuckles
All Alum steering arms
Custom 4 link F&R
Modified Integy HD alum driveshafts
Axial comp ujoints
Piece of shit old 1800 battery
Battery and all electronics lowered and waterproofed
Stock Axial bead locks
2.2 White Dot Rovers with stock rover foams cut
Losi Rock Lights
Hacked up 4th or 5th stock Scorpion body

Soon to have Pro Line Tuber body and lower the COG much more.

#336 ·
My AX10 I bought today, all stock...for now. :evil: Already got a servo upgrade and front dig in the works, as well as bigger tires. This is my first crawler...I'm hooked.

My AX10 and my VXL Stampede.

My Stampede, roommate's Slash 4x4 VXL, and a friend's RedCat 1/8 scale.

So I'm hooked on crawlin' now...cousin has the rocks in the picture in his back yard and our farm has a bunch of rock ledges/bluffs to climb so I'll have plenty of terrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#345 ·
Here's mine and my sons Axial based rigs

His

Axial Trans with Robinson racing metal gears
Axial Axles with gunnar tubes heavy duty Lockers
Custom tube chassis
Drop Shocks front, Sprung rear
Rooster/Integy 45t
Hitec servo
Rovers on Stock axial beadlocks

Mine
Axial trans with Robinson racing metal gears, DNA Dig with steel internals
Axial axles with gunnar tubes and heavy duty lockers
DNA SSS Chassis
JConcepts single cab body
Mamba max ESC
Integy 45t
Tower Pro servo
1500 Lipo
Rovers on Eritex delring beadlocks

#347 ·
My F-350 SCX-10 I have way too much time into and im not happy with :laughing: Too tall and too short of wheelbase. Novak Goat brushless system in it.

And poser flexin with the other SCX-10, threw the Velineon brushless from my Slash 4x4 in it for shits, should make a good bogger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.