redcat racing rs10 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Radio Controlled Cars
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 08:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85972
redcat racing rs10

anybody else get one of these yet?
i got mine a couple weeks ago, $160 to my door complete, rtr. i love it. i'm sure it's gonna need some some upgraded parts, but for now it works awesome. i know it's not for the hard core comp guys, but i'm not a hard core comp guy. i just have tons of good r/c trails and courses in my back yard and this is perfect for me.
so who else has one?
what have you done and what do you want to do to improve it?
i've only trimmed and lowered the body and replaced the tire foam with 60 bb's per tire. next on the list will probably be stronger steering servos.
http://www.redcatracing.com/RC-Cars/...-Scale-Crawler
the $160 price is from e-bay.

Authorized Ruffstuff dealer- pm me for pirate discount and free shipping on orders over $100.

ADS Racing Shocks- I can save you money on those too!

Website http://hellfire-fabworks.com/
billybob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 98363
A buddy of mine has one, and he's always kickin' my ass with it! He laughs at the money I've thrown into my Venom Creeper, when all he's done is HB Rover tires, a moderately priced Hitec servo, and put 30 degree bends in his lower links. Put some Rovers on it, and you'll really be lovin' it.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 70081
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwln93 View Post
A buddy of mine has one, and he's always kickin' my ass with it! He laughs at the money I've thrown into my Venom Creeper, when all he's done is HB Rover tires, a moderately priced Hitec servo, and put 30 degree bends in his lower links. Put some Rovers on it, and you'll really be lovin' it.
I would be that buddy, and he described mine pretty well. I really enjoy the RS-10. The stock servo's really suck, but for the price you can't beat it and it does really well. Once crwln93 gets used to his new berg axled beast I'm sure he'll be kicking my butt all over.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 98363
Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofbs View Post
I would be that buddy, and he described mine pretty well. I really enjoy the RS-10. The stock servo's really suck, but for the price you can't beat it and it does really well. Once crwln93 gets used to his new berg axled beast I'm sure he'll be kicking my butt all over.
I think you meant to say "once I quit breaking berg axles"
Old 05-06-2010, 07:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 107430
Yep, Picked mine up from ebay. I pulled the tire foams and soaded the tires in WD40. It breaks down the rubber to make it soft. I just play with it because it is a toy, some of my buddies take it very seriously and are mad that I beat/run with their expensive toys. Oh well. Too bad the only rubicon bodies look like crap IMO. I have an old FJ40 body on mine right now.
rockunlimited2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 44376
Send a message via AIM to TurboJeep275
Mine just shipped, also ordered a set of white rovers and 5000mah battery for extended play time.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 117290
just thought i'd share mine. barely a RS10 anymore. Still a work in progress.
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2010, 05:32 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 72380

i bought one used that is modified, bent lower links in the front, changed shock mounts to where links mount on axle for less binding, rover tires, weighted wheels with stick on weights(like for alloy wheels), removed rear servo and "fixed" rear steer, cut sub frame for higher clearence on belly, has a power wagon body, bic pen bodies over f/r tie rod and drag link to roll off rocks. It works amazing for paying only 160 so far, the servo sucks but i will upgrade, and the 1500 stock pack will be replaced soon.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 115591
I just got one of these pretty sick. So any one know of a mod to make it have a rear lock out, so you can do front digs on them. Ive had mine for twenty min already and finding out some stuff. So far its cheaper that my ready to run axial that I had. Totally sick flex for an out of the box car.
showboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 70215
Quote:
Originally Posted by showboat View Post
I just got one of these pretty sick. So any one know of a mod to make it have a rear lock out, so you can do front digs on them. Ive had mine for twenty min already and finding out some stuff. So far its cheaper that my ready to run axial that I had. Totally sick flex for an out of the box car.
For the MOA crawlers they use an electronic dig that locks up the motor. The cheapest way is to make your own with a micro servo, some switches, and some wire. Other then that is the pricey Punk dig
How to make one:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136425
Punk dig:
http://www.punkrc.com/index.php?main...products_id=28
But you will also need a new controller. Cheapest is a Traxxas TQ3 with a 3 pos switch mod

Last edited by BiggE; 06-22-2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Edit: Hey, this is actually LittleE, accidently logged in on my dad's account
BiggE is offline   Reply With Quote