Hobbyking shipments anybody - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Radio Controlled Cars
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 164280
Hobbyking shipments anybody

Has any body on the west coast (Oregon) ordered anthing from Hobbyking and remember how long it took for shipping ? I ordered batterys like three weeks ago and still nothing. I followed their shipping tracking page but it dead ended. This sucks i could of saved money by now and went to the local rc shop and payed for over priced batterys
Heavy Chevy 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 89217
I will put my hobby shop purchased name brand batteries (even the cheap Venom packs) up against any POS china pack any day of the week. The batteries at your hobby shop are not over priced, they are QUALITY. I work at a hobby shop and you wouldn't believe how much china crap that people bring in that is total junk. Once I show them what a good quality product can do they see why the good stuff costs more and get away from the china crap. China junk and knock offs are killing the hobby. Buy from your LHS or you wont have one when you need it.

Is the risk of buring down your house or at the least your RC car due to using china junk really worth the savings.
TMXONR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2010, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 140551
i agree about venom batteries being crap, but disagree with everything else.

Most hobby shops are a crock of overpriced crap, they will say or do anything to make a sale.

Stuff is marked up WAAAAYYYY too much.

Shop online instead.

Hobby king batteries have a good track record, but expect around a month to recieve shipment. Are your batteries in stock?

I ordered 6 at one time, took about 4 weeks, Ran those batteries into the ground, frequently during bashing runs taking them to 3.2v a cell and they never failed, got hot, or noticably wore down.

If you have the time to spare it is worth the long shipping. If not even towerhobbies is a better choice

btw i had a $120 lipo pack crap out on me in 6 months, while the hobby kings are still going strong.

Last edited by NorCal_Chris; 10-02-2010 at 10:44 PM.
NorCal_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 129581
The failure rate of HK packs are WAY higher than quality stuff, no doubt, but they're cheap. Everyone who says the HK stuff is the "exact same" as name brand stuff is mostly if not completely wrong. They counterfeit and knock off higher quality stuff, often also from China. They purposely make their knockoffs look just like quality stuff so people think it's a debranded version of the same thing. Does their shit work? Yeah, mostly. I've had 3 bad lipos out of 7 from them... but I've decided not to pump my money directly into the Chinese military/industrial complex. They commit Customs fraud when they ship and they rip off the designs of people who actually innovate.
/end rant
Muddy Oval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 164280
I had two Lipo batterys one was from E bay $20 battery and a Racers Edge battery from the local hobbie shop that they braged about for $50 and it stopped taking a charge while my china battery still works awsome with longer run times also

Last edited by Heavy Chevy 83; 10-03-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Heavy Chevy 83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 129581
Never heard of "racer's edge" batteries. Probably the same Chinese shit with a label added. I have been using Thunderpower lipos for years on my planes and never once had a lipo fail or give me problems. I paid a premium for it, but I'm not putting 20 pounds of machinery and a couple thousand dollars up in the air with anything but the best components. NEVER lost a plane to a mechanical or power problem, yet hear constantly about crashes that are claimed as 'not pilot error' from people using cheap HobbyKing crap.
In a truck, i'll run cheap stuff sometimes- but I took the moral decision not to give HK my money.
Muddy Oval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 06:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 98535
racers edge have been around for ever. 3 times as long as your thunder power. btw, all lithium comes from china. that said, i won't buy online from anyone other than tower. they're pretty cheap, very fast (4 days at the most) and easy to deal with. but every hobby shop around here will give me tower prices, so i don't have to pay or wait for shipping.
dentedsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 152057
Lol, hk packs aren't as bad as some people say they are. ANY lipo pack is a gamble. For that matter, venom packs are crap.
There was a test on hk vs name brand, while I admit, they are cheap, and during the tests the c rating and discharge rate were not on par, everything else was, but hobbykings packs were ok.
The best part about my 7 turnigy, zippy, and blue lipos? I piss people off with their "name brand crap", because I payed 35 compared to 95!

On the planes, who the hell wants to admit "user error" when they crash?! I know people with hobbyking gear, and they fly the crap outta their helis and planes. No crashes yet, oh, they know how to use their stuff.

Take the wait. Longer then a month, file a complaint.
And don't be the idiot who blames hk for a lipo fire cause you don't read instructions or use a lipo pack.

Honestly people, buy this, you need that, it's going to suck with out this. WTF happened to having FUN with rc and not selling a kidney so you can get the shiny new name brand (lol made in CHINA) part.

I gave more then my 2cents. Hope it helped.
And people need to start their own flame threads. And op asked for help/advice not your opinion.

I'll shut up now
Scfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 98535
so did your crap come in yet?
dentedsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 06:36 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 64145
I ordered some batts from their USA warehouse. They arrived 4 days later.

I also ordered a charger from wherever-the-hell and it's been two weeks and I'm still waiting. They provide a tracking number, but it seems invalid. I'm patient, but it is mildly irritating to have batts I can't charge yet.

Yeah, quality of these HK lipos may not be class leading, but considering I can purchase three of their lipos to one "quality" makes it worthwhile to me.

I've been using NIMH packs for almost a decade, and have only finally made the switch because it became affordable enough.
meatmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote