New NorthEast Rally Event Info... - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Rally Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 61495
New NorthEast Rally Event Info...

Back from visiting the location in Eastern, PA today. Approval to use all necessary roads in hand and approval to move forward with the planning of the event. Lots of details remain--how many competitors to be allowed? What makeup of competitors is to be? The exact layout of the roads used? How are needed course workers to be obtained? and on and on and on...But...we have a facility that WANTS us there and will REALLY work with us to get this done as they want us back over and over and over again. IF the community wants a permanent home with no risk of losing roads to cranky government officials or interference from other rubberneckers then this has the potential to be it for RallySprints. Just remains to be seen if the community can come together and make it worthwhile for all involved...

Big thanks so far to the East Coast Scrutineer who accompanied me today, the old school rally fellow who gave me a call the other night in support of my efforts and the sanctioning official who has encouraged me all along. All thoughts and questions/concerns can be entertained here or on the following page where the recap from today will be found along with all the other pictures of today's survey:http://nismostuff.blogspot.com/2012/...for-rally.html

Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 145867
would be sweet to have a rally in PA is that rausch creek cause i recognized some of the main trails and the wide open designs buggy, if the route is thought out it would make for a nice location and event, multiple class are necessary
devuurstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 61495
Quote:
Originally Posted by devuurstorm View Post
would be sweet to have a rally in PA is that rausch creek cause i recognized some of the main trails and the wide open designs buggy, if the route is thought out it would make for a nice location and event, multiple class are necessary
Yup, that's Rausch...there will be multiple classes but also will compete for the overall against one another. Working with Bruce and company on laying out a great course for all.