North Nevada Rally 2011! - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Rally Racing
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2011, 04:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 180990
North Nevada Rally 2011!

Hey guys......My name is Jon Burke and Lars Wolfe told me about this place and I've been meaning to check it out. I rally a 2004 Subaru (open class) and tow it around in a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 (6sp manual + Cummins) and that's also my daily driver.

Anyway, I'm also helping to organize North Nevada Rally, which is outside Reno in Lovelock, NV. So if anyone on here is within a few hours drive and is interested in competing, volunteering, or just hanging out and spectating, I hope you'll come by!

Quote:
Hopefully this is already on your calendars, but if not, NNR is July 8-9th this year!

Same format as last year with Friday recce, Friday night stages and race all day Saturday. This will be a RallyCar/Rally America sanctioned event, so no bikes this year (sorry).

We're trying to put together a rally cross that Sunday as well, and we'll have special discounts at the rallyX for volunteers.

I'll also be offering discounts for my rallyX events at Prairie City in September for both competitors and volunteers.

Registration details and schedules, etc, etc will follow soon, but for now, here's a preview!!

Thanks!
2011 NNR Organizers
Pete Soper, co-organizer
Michel Hoche-Mong, co-organizer
Jon Burke, assistant organizer

Fun sweepers...

FAST Straights...

TIGHT, technical hairpins...

and grandiose Nevada scenery...

some images from last year:

Quick noobie question, would it be OK if I cross posted this in the NorCal regional forum on here too? I usually cross post on other forums and they're fine with it, but not on my 1st/2nd post. thx.

Last edited by UP2MTNS; 05-21-2011 at 03:11 PM.
UP2MTNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 180990
PS, for those of you with nice lifted 4x4 trucks and winches and all the cool recovery gear, we'd LOVE to have you come and run 'sweep.' If you don't know what that is, its probably one of the more fun 'volunteer positions' available.

After all the competitors run, then the 'sweep' trucks run. They're to tow anyone that's had an off and can't continue for whatever reason. If no one needs a tow, you still follow the competitors to the next stage. I did this last year because my car wasn't able to compete and I had a blast because if I wasn't towing cars out of ditches, I was cruising around those sweet roads which are closed (at a responsible pace, of course).

typically there's 1 or preferably 2 sweep trucks. They might also team up with an EMT guy or gal depending on how things are split up.

Only requirement that you might not have in your trucks are HAM radios....but you know you've been looking for a reason to get a cool mobile HAM and your license anyways, right!?

Last edited by UP2MTNS; 01-22-2011 at 04:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2011, 11:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
SMC

Member # 8941
A fellow dirtyimpreza Awesome. Seeing that I sold my soobie, id love to work the course. Ill see if the boss can free up some time for me to attend and help you guys out.

These events always suffer from lack of volunteers. If you are in the area and have the free time, there is not a damn thing keeping you guys and gals for helping out a sport that greatly needs it. Even if you dont rally, there is nothing better than getting out there and helping out the teams!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
OTR

Member # 20587
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP2MTNS View Post
PS, for those of you with nice lifted 4x4 trucks and winches and all the cool recovery gear, we'd LOVE to have you come and run 'sweep'...

...Only requirement that you might not have in your trucks are HAM radios....but you know you've been looking for a reason to get a cool mobile HAM and your license anyways, right!?
Thanks for joining here Jon.
North Nevada is way too far for me but let me know if you need a hand for Gorman Ridge in August. I am a licensed ham, and have a mobile in the jeep, and HT for everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC View Post
A fellow dirtyimpreza Awesome...
Theres more here than you'd think.

k.

Ultra4 Stock Class #4643 - Team NAXJA/Petty Cash Racing

"There's the troublemaker" - Craig Beck, BLM Ridgecrest Field Office

OTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 163665
If I'm available, I will help( no conflicts with SCCA) and I'm licensed Emergency Recovery with SCCA...and I have access to a Wrangler lifted with winch for the recoveries.

Oh and I live in Fernley...

Last edited by racer152; 01-24-2011 at 05:22 PM.
racer152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 180990
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer152 View Post
If I'm available, I will help( no conflicts with SCCA) and I'm licensed Emergency Recovery with SCCA...and I have access to a Wrangler lifted with winch for the recoveries.

Oh and I live in Fernley...
Nice, thanks!! Once we get the website back up (having technical issues) I'll show you where you can register to volunteer and I'll make sure the organizers set you up.

Jon
Old 05-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 180990
Bump!

NNR is coming up! One thing...I updated my first post, but the rally HQ is in Lovelock (I had Fernley). Although, only the night stages will be near Lovelock on Friday....Saturday's stages are way up closer to Gerlach.

We still need volunteers....anyone still up for it?

you can register to volunteer here:
http://rallydata.com/default.cfm

HOWEVER, if you're looking to do sweep/recovery, send me a PM as well and I'll get you in touch with the right guy...

Last edited by UP2MTNS; 05-21-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 163665
A little moe than a week away...I'll be doing sweep....I know he needs more help.

From Reno SCCA site

We still need volunteers!

Positions we're still trying to fill:

Control workers - handle time cards, talk to competitors, do starts, do finishes, etc
Stage Marshals - control side roads, keep tabs on the competitors as they go by, radio them in - hams are ideal for this, but it's not required
Sweep - tow cars out when they get stuck
Ride-along hams: mostly for sweep
Sandwich car! - drive all the stages, deliver sandwiches and water to the workers!

Last edited by racer152; 06-29-2011 at 10:46 PM.
racer152 is offline   Reply With Quote