New Signs part 2 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #1 (permalink)
Phobohomic

Member # 55687
New Signs part 2

Went to reply and OP deleted thread before I submitted. Probably a little late, but since I found the thread enlightening, and not wanting to let good tying go to waste......
------------------------------------------------------------------------
This thread has really helped clarify my feelings about THE Trail and trails in general.
While the pics don't display resource damage or illegal acts, I totally agree with Craig that self-gratification should be done in private. I did enjoy them in person and cringed when pics were posted, but eventually posted Ellis to complete the triad after the damage was done.

Also wanted to make it clear that this thread was not the cause of USFS request at the ROC meeting to have the signs removed. The new District Ranger observed them first hand on a walk-through. He also stated it was the best maintained and cleanest OHV trail he has ever seen.

After my initial reaction to Mike's first post, I find that I have, or have had, the same emotions he shared here. Like many others, I also mourn the loss of how it used to be and resented the "intrusion" - especially back in the mud flap/windshield crack era.

Disagreements over how things are being done, and who's doing it for what reasons are nothing new.

But, just like every night in bars across America, the girls all get prettier at closing time. As we are threatened by closing time for our trails, FOTR/RTF, BRC and even Del keep getting prettier and prettier.

God save our trails.

R.I.P. Dennis Mayer. W2DWM. Rubicon Rock Head & Pirate of the Rubicon.
fermentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20205
Quote:
Originally Posted by fermentor View Post

Also wanted to make it clear that this thread was not the cause of USFS request at the ROC meeting to have the signs removed. The new District Ranger observed them first hand on a walk-through. He also stated it was the best maintained and cleanest OHV trail he has ever seen.
Agreed, I spoke with Richard Thornburgh in person and I quote "The trail is amazing" he expressed to me how impressed he was with the area and the level of volunteer involvement is obviously having a positive effect on the area as a whole.

This is the kind of relationship we need to nurture and maintain.
Onwards and upwards,
Tim.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 21815
Also wanted to make it clear that this thread was not the cause of the USFS request at the ROC meeting to have the signs removed.

This is important to note, Dale. In fact, the thread was put up after Mr. Thornburgh had already seen the signs in person and the request had been made to remove them. As you, and others who were present when the removal request was made, he was not angered or upset, just made a simple request to have them removed.

N6YBH
-
"If you need a tool and don't buy it, you will ultimately find that you have paid for it but don't have it". -Henry Ford

Use Goodsearch and support the Rubicon Trail Foundation.
resqme is offline   Reply With Quote