Looking for the guy who helped us on Oct. 9th - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2016, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 113212
Looking for the guy who helped us on Oct. 9th

My buddy's Jeep Comanche suffered a nearly catastrophic front end failure at Granite Bowl on Oct. 9th, about lunch time. A guy from Oregon gave us a specific tool to help fix the rig. We were heading in, he was heading out. None of us had pen and paper handy, so I took this guy's contact information down in my phone, promising to return this tool to him. Because of this guy's help, we were able to repair the rig and finish the trail to the other end. He was a stand up guy, helping us like that.

A few days later, my fricking phone stopped working, refusing to take a charge. It gave up the ghost permanently before I could salvage my contacts and ship the tool back to it's rightful owner.

I've tried everything to get my info back, even AT&T says they can't get anything off the phone.

I'm really bummed I can't find this guy's info from my old phone. I am the type of person who always tries to stand by his word, period.

If you are the person who helped us, or might have heard from him about helping some guy in a green Comanche with an exo-cage, please send me a PM.

Thanks!
Burlbook48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2016, 08:02 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 2873
If he's local (Sac/p'ville) some guys here might know him.
What was he driving? Get a first name? Nick name?
Did your buddy take any photos of his rig?

Hope you locate him.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 113212
Naw, no pics... it was kind of a frantic time, if you know what I mean. One Comanche down, another CJ (our rig) keeping it in place with a winch. Several other rigs stopped, none could help. This guy and his buddy stopped, he dug through his stuff, and found what we needed to make repairs. It was my buddy's rig, but I promised to ship this tool back to this guy.

He seemed like a real stand-up guy, the kind you hope shows up on the trail when your chips are down. Pretty much the kind of guy I try to be when wheeling: never leave a fellow wheeler in need if you can help. I feel REALLY bummed about the whole thing. Talk about bad timing for your phone to die...

I think the guy's first name was Reese. Like I said, he lives in Oregon.

Last edited by Burlbook48; 11-04-2016 at 10:00 AM.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
I'm Zach

Member # 22176
Any idea what he was driving?

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2016, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Scruffy looking

Member # 102467
Could also cross post it in this forum - USA - Northwest - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum
The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. - George Washington
LigBoozer is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2016, 08:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 113212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beat95YJ View Post
Any idea what he was driving?
He was a big guy, blondish hair, beard. Don't really remember his rig, but the couple he was with were in a built yellowish Taco that had lots of trail rash, a stout roll cage, and (what caught my attention) the passenger side had a pair of vertical grab handles framing what looked like a bracket for a tablet-sized computer screen. I remember commenting on the grab handles, seemed like a nice way to keep your arms stabilized in a roll-over. This couple also had a medium-sized dog with them.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
I'm Zach

Member # 22176
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlbook48 View Post
He was a big guy, blondish hair, beard. Don't really remember his rig, but the couple he was with were in a built yellowish Taco that had lots of trail rash, a stout roll cage, and (what caught my attention) the passenger side had a pair of vertical grab handles framing what looked like a bracket for a tablet-sized computer screen. I remember commenting on the grab handles, seemed like a nice way to keep your arms stabilized in a roll-over. This couple also had a medium-sized dog with them.
Post on toyohaulics and ttora

:tank:
Beat95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Discount!

Member # 156
Send a message via ICQ to dog walker
Justin Reece, RustyNailJustin here at Pirate4x4, you can find him on the Land Cruiser forum he's a moderator. I will PM you his number.
83 Toyota 4x4 LB
04 UJZ100
1990 FJ62
dog walker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2016, 06:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 113212
That's him! Just made contact. Gotta appreciate the power of the PBB!

I appreciate the info. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.