Pirate 4x4 banner

"NEW INFORMATION" Loon Lake Parking

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  loosey 
#1 ·
I just got off of the phone with the USFS and here is where they stand on parking in the Chalet graveled area. This is the area to the right as you are entering the Chalet area. It is OK to park with 1 limitation, DO NOT BLOCK THE HELIPAD! It is clearly marked with rocks aranged around it.

If everyone parks parallel to each other there is a lot of room there. It is OK to drive your rig from the Chalet to the Trailhead (they are turning a blind eye to that section of road).

DO NOT PARK ON THE PAVED AREA AROUND OR NEAR THE CHALET. You will be cited or towed.

They also said that the area below the dam is still OK to use. Once again please park neatly so your vehicle dosen't prevent 2 or 3 others from parking.

Please also refer to the post "Wentworth Springs Parking" to be prepared in case there is no parking left around Loon Lake..

Dennis

#7 ·
Since I am a newbie to this towing thing. I am going to ask you pros where it is safe to park tow rigs while we are making all of these Tacos this weekend!

#8 ·
jopes said:
Since I am a newbie to this towing thing. I am going to ask you pros where it is safe to park tow rigs while we are making all of these Tacos this weekend!
Jopes, it's ok to park below the dam across from the kiosk where we have been parking all along, up on top above the spillway by the helipad (don't block the helipad), and in the gravel parking area at the Chalet. Remember DON'T PARK ON THE PAVED AREA NEAR OR AROUND THE CHALET. These three areas are approved by the USFS.

Dennis

#9 ·
thanks for clearing it up!! :beer:

#11 ·
Its the little cabin looking building on the left side as your driving in right before the 1st dam

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.