Pirate 4x4 banner

Bad experience at Loon part 2

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeepndel 
#1 ·
I hope all involved with the first post about my bad time at loon lake will accept my appologys. I took some of your remarks the wrong way and started in on you without thinking.
I'm Sorry.
For what it's worth, I signed up on the FOTR site, and I hope to meet you all in person on the trail while doing my part to help.
Have a good day, and keep up the good work.
thanks,
FJ_Dave

#2 ·
Dave, I know I can speak for my entire club, cause we all share the same views, when I accept your appology, and offer ours, since there was mis-communication. (it happens a lot on the internet :( )

I am very glad to see you wanting to get involved :cool2:

And FOTR is a great way to do it.

Also, it is always a great idea to travel with a group, cause it makes confronting asshats a lot easier. No one wants to walk into a camp load of drunken asshats alone, but when you have a few friends behind you, it makes it easier to reason with them. Many times, the offening party doesn't even realize that they are destroying someone else's weekend with ther noise, and will be fairly quick to turn down the noise..... It doesn't always work this way, but I like being an optomist when it come to wheelers attitudes.

I look forward to seeing you on the trail, and even more, I look forward to helping you get involved, and making your next Rubicon trip one that you will never forget (for good reasons this time) :cool2:

Brian Whitford
Dysfunctional Rockcrawlers

#3 ·
Accepted and offer mine too. It was not my intention for you to take it as a blast towards you.

That is awesome that you have signed up for the FOTR. It is a start and a darn good one. I too did all of that about 3 years ago and been working hard at fighting ever since.

As Brian said, it would be a pleasure to work alongside anyone that wants to help keep the trail and forest open for vehicle use.

Ryan Morgan
Dusyfunctional Rockcrawlers

#4 ·
Perspective

Something very important here for all to learn. It was his first trip up there. We are all used to it. We shouldn't be. :eek: His original statements reflect what Joe Public will think. Rubicon = "offroad" = drunken gun firing idiots. And that will kill us, and our trail. :confused:

#5 ·
I've done 3 trips on the con since july- aside from 1 or 2 drunken idiots, it has been an awesome experience. It blows me away how much people are willing to help each other out there. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.