Pirate 4x4 banner

thanks stainless dave and rollie

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Rollie 
#1 ·
broke my drivers side steering arm studs and dave welded me up and rollie shuttled me in and out with parts.
thanks guys for helping me get my junk off the trail.
the welds held until almost ellis, after that i decided to just run home and grab my spare knuckle.
got it home around 11:00 sunday night.

thanks again, derek

#2 ·
you are welcome derek- drove up to your rig and saw it broke agaiin looked around and realized you had left to go get another knuckle. my son found a good usable bearing for a toy axle on top of a granite rock about 1/2 mile past your truck. if you were around we could have put another bearing in and rewelded you again to get you to your tow rig. i would have prefered to battery weld your steering arm to your knuckle- 3 batteries will run 1/8" or 5/32" rod which is more penetration. when we started the repair i considered doing it that way. i wish i would have- you would have been able to make it to your tow rig at loon. my home made alt. welder is fine burning 3/32'' rod but larger rod does not run well on it. looks like i'm going to buy a 190 amp premier welder for the flatty for those jobs requiring more heat. i have welded up 2 other rigs with broken shit like yours and they both held up and allowed the guys to drive them out of the trail- i used batteries on those repairs.it was a pleasure meeting you and rollie on the rubicon this week end and thanks for the gatorade. see you on the trails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.