Pirate 4x4 banner

Hummers On The Rubicon

13K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  Bebe 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok...that title isn't the best....but I mean the vehicles.

I've seen several H1's navigate the trail over the years. Some beat up upon completion, some nearly in perfect shape.

Has anyone...ever seen an H2 or the new H3 actually complete the trail?

#2 ·
atvobsession said:

I've seen several H1's navigate the trail over the years. Some beat up upon completion, some nearly in perfect shape.

Two years ago the GM test crew was there the same week as us. Our club generally runs the trail during the week to avoid the crowds. They had H1's and mostly H2's - I think the H1's were recovery for them. That being said we had to winch up cadillac hill all the H2's because for some reason the H1's were in back. They were hammered - falling apart, etc. H1's were fine. I have posted the pics here before somewhere.

#3 ·
atvobsession said:

I saw a group last year during the FOTR work party. An H2, a Grand Cherokee, an H3? and a couple other rigs.

I saw the Jeep Commander go through this year. lol That was beat.

#4 ·
I saw a bunch of H3s up at Buck Island last year...

Their support vehicles were a Chevy Colorado...

...and a GMC Sonoma with a bobbed bed and rear coil suspension...

#7 ·
Jes said:
I saw a bunch of H3s up at Buck Island last year...

Their support vehicles were a Chevy Colorado...

...and a GMC Sonoma with a bobbed bed and rear coil suspension...
That would be the bunch I saw too. Couldn't remember all the rigs.

#8 · (Edited)
Chopperman said:
Kind of off topic, but I think I did a photo chop of your Hummer when you first got it. Was that you ? If it was, hope you know I was just clownin . LOL

The power ranger?? I laughed my you know what off...and kept the photo and posted it on my site.

We were screwing around at the abandoned Hummer on the Fordyce, which is similar in color to mine....so we were sending it to friends saying that we took it wheeling the day after we bought it.

#9 ·
I'm pretty sure that group of H3's was a test run for the new H3. I saw that group in Four Wheeler I Believe. They claimed that they put those funny looking bra's on the new rigs to hide the actual new look of the front end. I don't think the magazine mentioned how beat up those rigs got though.:smokin:

#10 ·
A group of us set up camp right by gatekeeper this weekend and saw 6 h1's head into the trail and after an hour one made it through gatekeeper then the second tryed and gernaded his transfer case. hummers are not rockcrawlers thats all there is too it. bad ass in the sand and mud but suck on the rocks. IMO.

#11 ·
H1's

I saw those H1's when I was on my way to roc'n for the kids this weekend. They sure looked pretty parked on 50 by icehouse. I bet that would've been fun to watch at gatekeeper.:beer: :jeep: :smokin:

#16 ·
There was a group of H2's and H3's that went thru the trail the week befor the cleanup this year (9/17/05ish). I was fishing at the dam of Buck Island when they came by. They had simmilar dammage but not really what I'd call extensive. Nice people, I think they said they were testing steering components for the H3's.

#17 ·
atvobsession said:

Yes. I ran it in my H2 up to Spider in Oct of '03. Plan on running it again late next summer. All the way through next time. Pictures are around here somewhere.

#19 ·
Humnmer's on the Rubicon

Approximately, 6 years ago my ex-husband and I, did the Rubicon trail end-to-end with a bunch of H2's and H3's. And yes, we made it all the way through this trail. Something I will never forget, nor would I ever do it again. We were very proud that we did it, but what a nightmare it was!

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.