Pirate 4x4 banner

How Far from The Dam to The box??

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  tbone420 
#1 ·
just curious....like to figure out gas milage:D

#7 · (Edited)
rockmutt said:
just curious....like to figure out gas milage:D
According to GPS it is right around 4 miles (+ / - .25 miles) from the Kiosk side of the spillway to where the big tree sits above the sluice.

NORCALFJ40 said:
wow i have never seen so many stupid fawkers in one place, read my post idiots, "im usually drunk by the time i leave my tow rig" not when i get out of my tow rig it does take a some time to unload it and air down. By the way anyways you guys need to grow up a bit when you start responding so a sarcastic post.
Trying to defend your stupidity isn't gonna get you anywhere in this forum. In fact if you think for one moment that we are being harsh and unsavory to you I would highly suggest you take a step back and think about what our goal is vs. your goal??

Your goal seems to be to get drunk on the trail while you drive to the sluice and break your junk while being an idiot. At the same time you are in total denial about how that behavior can effect the rest of us adversely.

Our goal is to modify our behavior as well as yours and everyone else who uses the trail, so that we might be able to use it freely and without a ton of restrictions and heartache.

Obviously looking at the two sides of the fence, they are completely different ideas and directions. What you need to understand is that we are going to roll right over the top of you with our goal. You have two choices, (1) Modify your behavior and change your ways for your safety our safety and for the future of our trail, or (2) Get caught by LEO and busted for DUI, get photographed by us as this is happening and be publicly humiliated having your photo plastered all over the internet and possibly the newspaper in your area.

No sir I am not on drugs....No sir I don't feel as though I am better then you.

But at this point I think it is time for you and others to wake up and realize that the Rubicon Trail is bigger then you or any of us. We are standing up and fighting for what we have come to value and believe is our "LITTLE SLICE OF HEAVEN". I for one am not going to let jerks like you stand between me and the use of the trail. Drunken driving is illegal everywhere so that argument isn't one at all, as the Rubicon trail is still a county road.

You have been warned, rather then taking offense, open your mind and let this sink in. You might find yourself seeing things a little closer to where we are rather then being offended for us having the nuts to call a spade a spade.

The sooner we all take ownership of our trail, the sooner we will see our goals as accomplishments. If you don’t have “sweat interest “ in the trail you really don’t have much room to talk in my opinion.

Ownership of the trail to me means not crapping all over it. Would you let drunken dweebs drive through your back yard and on a whim try and knock over your trees or get stuck and use a winchline without a tree strap?? Would you throw your cans and garbage around on your own property?? Probably not! So think of the trail as your property and think about how that might change how you treat it. That is how some of us feel about it, maybe you should respect our back yard!

How much time have you given to this cause??

PJ

Sweat Interest = working on the trail, cleaning the trail, improving the trail, educating the masses on the trail, guarding the trail, and so on and so on……..

#8 ·
NORCALFJ40 said:
wow i have never seen so many stupid fawkers in one place, read my post idiots, "im usually drunk by the time i leave my tow rig" not when i get out of my tow rig it does take a some time to unload it and air down. By the way anyways you guys need to grow up a bit when you start responding so a sarcastic post.

FYI, you can get a DUI ON the trail just as easy as you can while driving TO the trail.

Trust me, I miss the days of driving FUBAR'ed on the Con but with me (or you) driving & drinking on the trail it affects everyone and could lead to much bigger problems.

Save the drinking for camp;)

#9 ·
Rocknutz said:
The sooner we all take ownership of our trail, the sooner we will see our goals as accomplishments. If you don’t have “sweat interest “ in the trail you really don’t have much room to talk in my opinion.
...How much time have you given to this cause??
::applause::

Randii

#10 ·
I cleaned up this thread. I left some post as they are very helpful and I think PJ's post is the best I have read on the issues around Rubicon and what we as users need to face.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.