Pirate 4x4 banner

I wanna go to Rubicon

2K views 20 replies 18 participants last post by  NOTPRETTY 
#1 · (Edited)
For my senior project I am building a 92 nissan pathfinder ARB lock F/R on 35's. I think I could at least have a little fun at rubicon. I just want to know if there is anything special that I should know. If I wanted to go everywhere camping along the way how many days should I allow? It would be during spring break-ish so I want to take 2 weeks for a trip out there. I figure 4 days of hard driving from SC to get there. Any suggestions?
________
BabeJennyfer

#5 ·
Spring break ? You will be hard pressed to get through due to snow. You may be better off waiting until summer break.

When you do go, don't go alone, post on this board under trail rides the dates you will be out here and some group will let you tag along.

You have a solid front axle ?

Good luck, have fun, haul out what you bring in

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replys. I just thought about spring break being kinda early today. Sometimes I forget that it snows in the mountains. The problem is that this is my senior project and I have to hit the big trail before May 2nd 2006. I dont have to do any particular place that I HAVE to go to, but I want to go somewhere special because this will be my last chance to do something big for a long time you know? As soon as I graduate I will have a job for the summer, and then college for the next 4 years so it would be hard to get away. I went to Yosemite (I know I killed that word) 2 years ago and I loved the west coast mountains so I wanted to do it again. Would I be better off just trying to make it to Moab?

Im still on IFS and I dont mind some dents, I just dont want to tear my truck all to hell.
________
DiegoDuarte

#11 ·
Danger Ranger said:
just wait another year... you should only need 205/75/r15's on your pathfinder.

aaron...as much as it hurts:flipoff2: i gotta agree with ya man....even worse...the way things are going...his honda on lo-pros will be able to make it to spider....but we gotta make sure he stays away from the lake:( :( :shaking:

#12 ·
I would recommend Moab. It is closer to you and it is a blast. Get signed up for the EJS and have a good time. The Rubicon during spring break could still have lots of snow and may in fact be impassable. I went through late last June and there were areas that EVERYONE had to be winched through. Don't be fooled by the folks on this board-unless you have a super light rig with huge tires and lots of driving experience, you don't want to mess with 6 foot snow drifts in April. Save the Rubicon for next summer. And yes, you may actually be able to drive your rig right up the Little Sluice by then!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.