Pirate 4x4 banner

CLEAR THE AIR! (Sacramento Area)

3K views 60 replies 25 participants last post by  FLASHLIGHTMAN 
#1 ·
We've got too much unhappiness in the air, and it is DAMN hard to get it all from the internet. Let's get together this weekend, those of us who can, and clear the air. I'll buy the first coupla pitchers -- you want it Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night?

We all work well together, but sometimes it just seems like we wind up too far apart with just electrons between us, and misunderstanding building upon forgot-to-say working with a little bit of conspiracy (Al Gore mixed that in when he started the internet, right?). Let's clear the air -- we may not all be on the same page, but we're in the same chapter of the same book on 'wheeling, hell and gone from the Edward Abbey books that the Center for Biological Diversity reads.

Don't dwell on the differences -- remember what's the same: we all love the Rubicon mightily, or we wouldn't be getting so worked up about it in the first place... most have worked, volunteered, and spent for FOTR and the trail, so let's chill out, knock back a few, and figure this out.

Randii

#8 ·
1uglyranger said:
Maybe another weekend Randii, this one I will be in Oregon....
I will hold you to that raincheck, Brian. :beer: :beer:
Beers are still on me, tho.

Randii

#11 ·
Rock Tractor said:
Nope, I'm gonna hit the Con before the whole thing is paved.

thats a good idea, i only wish that i could get the time off of work before the final white and yellow stripes are laid down on the trail.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :flipoff:

#15 ·
Rock Tractor said:
Nope, I'm gonna hit the Con before the whole thing is paved.
Damn, now more than ever I wish my rig was back together. at this rate by the time it's done, we'll be taking my crew cab dually, or my sister in law's 07 mustang GT-500 for a quick 15 minite jaunt from Loon lake to the springs... And if we want to slow down to see anything we'll have to make sure to keep in the right hand lane, cause the left lane'll be doing 60 MPH :flipoff: :flipoff: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

#18 ·
Looks like Sunday dinner/evening is gonna do it. Just need to come up with a pub in the US-50 corridor. Mark and others, I understand that this weekend is primarily for family, but will sneak out of the house anyway. I'm already in the doghouse for nearly missing the anniversary last weekend. :laughing:

As for the trail becoming a paved highway, I don't see it every happening, but unless we own it, we lack absolute control. The County DOES own it, so we can demand a share in managing it, but this remains most effective through an organization like FOTR.

Let's get to gether and clear the air so that we can be more effective.

Randii

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.