Pirate 4x4 banner

an idea to help this forum

684 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  mike 
#1 ·
if you look right now there is 172 people viewing chit chat and 17 poeple viewing this forum, its my opinion that if threads were started with more eye cathing titles and they were to be posted in chitchat and general 4x4 we would be helping ourselves out ALOT. the more people that read it the better, and as sorry as it is alot of people that like going to the rubicon or want to go to the rubicon are not taking time out of thier day to come to this forum

theres thousands of people missing of all ages and races, why did natilee holloway get so much media while other missing get zero? its all about writing/saying things totaly out of context to draw attention

ill even be willing to donate my pirate time to cross posting threads in all the big forums , we need to force information upon those too lazy.

#2 ·
I replied to a Rubicon post in Chit-Chat. I was told to take my thoughts back to the Rubicon forum. I don't need that kind of attitude.

A second Rubicon thread was started in Chit-Chat about starting rumors.

And we wonder why the OHV users in this county have a negative image.

I agree that we should be getting our message out to a wider group of people. I have two clubs and another forum I try and keep informed. If we each started posting in another forum, be it Toyota, IH, Land Rover or what ever, more people would become informed. Hopefully moe people would step forward with solutions.

#3 ·
exactley we need to put it right in everyones face, there are countless posts in EVERY tech forum that have ZERO tech which all include a million people saying SEARCH. those threads dont get deleted yet have no tech in them, if those can exist i think theres no reason we shouldnt put these important threads there also. if i remember correctly this website started from people in northern california that run the rubicon, indeed one of if not the most important trails to this site.

#5 ·
From Chit-Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man
I sent an e-mail to the FOTR e-mail list in eary September that metioned reducing the size of the rocks at Gatekeeper. Blasting had been on the table for some time.

Changing the trail at the Gatekeeper was due to unique circumstances. As I said, the Little Sluice will be addressed, but because of the illegal alterations to the trail. The Big Sluice will have to be dealt with due to excessive erosion problems. Ellis Creek will be addressed because of the creek crossing and the sedimentation running down stream.

We are playing by their rules because it's the law. It's the County's trail and it the feds forest. I'm open to all ideas about how to solve the problems facing the Rubicon Trail.

Badmouthing how things are being done without stepping up and working with those addressing the problems is wrong.

Please show up at the ROC meetings or e-mail your ideas to the ROC, FOTR or RTF. Get on the FOTR e-mail list.

I asked for help with my Trails down here in Socal and people blew me off.

I sold my 4x4 because I saw this coming.

Asking for help now is a moot point. The NIMBY syndrome has set in, trail closures didn't matter until it hit your backyard. Take care of your own problems and put this argument back into the Rubicon or Land Use Forum where it belongs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.