Pirate 4x4 banner

Coming back from tahoma...

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  fenderbmxer86 
#1 ·
well i am moving up to South lake next year to go to college and am trying to figure out how far i'll be.... Is the only way back from tahoma to take 89 to 50 and go over echo? Because my I know my truck is going to hate going up that big a** hill..... Tahnks

Taylor

#3 ·
You've gotta cross the divide no matter how you go.

There are three main routes between Tahoma and Loon:
* 89 to 50 to Icehouse
* 89 to 80 to 49 to 193 to Icehouse
* Rubicon-McKinney trail

Take the trail both ways and enjoy the drive! :cool2:

Randii

#7 ·
86Yota4.70 said:
ok thanks... is the 89 to 80 to 49 to 193 to icehouse as bad as echo?
You still have to go over either Donner pass or Echo pass. From South Lake, go echo, it is much shorter from there.

#9 ·
well ther is a way to go with out goin over the hill it just takes time it dont bother my stock fj40 like echo or donner but it is long go to reno take 395 to susanvill at halalooya cant spellit junction and take 70 to 99 then hit 113 to 505 to vacaville its only bout an hour from yuba city to vacaville taking the 505 rout use to do it all the time befor my buddy Ryan that lived there died.

#10 ·
i'm talkin about getting to the staging area from south lake... cause tahoma is just a few miles up 89 from south lake...

#15 ·
chad- yeah i am moving in august to go to south lake JC....

Like i just said... i am talking about South lake to the staging area or wentworth... not Tahoma to south lake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.