Pirate 4x4 banner

hope

2K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  BUDLIGHT 
#1 ·
man i hope the con is going to be fun memorial day.. i think there is going to be a lot of snow still up there what do u guys think?:confused:

#5 ·
I can only promise one thing, that being the FOTR Trail Patrol will be out in full force that weekend and beyond. We will be armed with camera and pen and will have a ZERO tolerance attitude for violators. I recommend you either find something else to do or be on your BEST behavior. If you do go remember to study and adhere to ALL of the TREAD Lightly principals.

#7 ·
get r done said:
yea i bet so as long as we stay on the trail we will be ok right.....they will be after the ones who go off the trail and try to make there own trail right? if we stay on the trail we should be ok...i hope its not to wet.....

Staying on the trail isn't everything, but its a big thing... When conditions are this wet, treading lightly is just as important as staying on trail.... tearing a hole in the mud on trail, is almost as bad as doing it off trail:(

#10 ·
I think it is good that there will be FOTR patrol along with law enforcement. If people continue to not play by the rules when on the trail it will be closed to everyone. I hope that they give tickets and snatch each and every one of those idiots :flipoff2: that do not "Tread Lightly" and could care less about the trail. They actions of a few affect everyone. If they were to close this trail, you can bet many others will be right behind it.

Drive the trail responsibly PLEASE! :mad3:

#11 ·
?

:evil: yea thats true... maybe they should make it manatory if u wheel on the con u have to at least spend a weekend cleaning the trail up or what ever else u can do....when is the next time people are going up there to help the trail? i would love to go....

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
ROCKLIMO said:
I recommend you either find something else to do or be on your BEST behavior. If you do go remember to study and adhere to ALL of the TREAD Lightly principals.

OK. What are you, my ? dad, stop trying to pull FOTR rank. I am always good to the trail and do my part, I agree some don't, but when you phrase your words that way you sound like an ?.

... edited by a moderator for inappropriate language -- Randii

#13 · (Edited)
Remember, this is a PG-rated forum. Moderators should not HAVE to edit to keep it clean.

There is no FOTR rank to pull... it is a volunteer organization with no levels within it, short of Del, who sits up top. Anyone who cares about the trail is welcome -- but do be aware that FOTR's Trail Patrol will be out and about.

If you stay on the trail and avoid resource damage, Trail Patrol won't be a concern for you. If you are off the trail or damaging resources, then Trail Patrol will be trying to document it to report it to law enforcement... and your dad. :flipoff2:

Randii

#15 ·
welndmn said:
Last meeting we tired to vote you up, just because you were not there :laughing:
I pretty much figured that might happen, enough that I almost tried to dial in from my layover in Singapore! :flipoff2:

Randii

#16 ·
get r done said:
:evil: yea thats true... maybe they should make it manatory if u wheel on the con u have to at least spend a weekend cleaning the trail up or what ever else u can do...
The last time I was on the con, I carried out ALOT more trash than what I brought in... I would spend the weekend there doing trail repairs but I think everybody should be able to pick up their own trash

#17 ·
ROCKLIMO said:
I can only promise one thing, that being the FOTR Trail Patrol will be out in full force that weekend and beyond. We will be armed with camera and pen and will have a ZERO tolerance attitude for violators. I recommend you either find something else to do or be on your BEST behavior. If you do go remember to study and adhere to ALL of the TREAD Lightly principals.
Holy crap its Vince! Vince might come across a little harsh but this will be a difinitive year for the Rubicon. Best behavior and treating the trail right can and will keep it open.

I would advise not going on that weekend for all the reasons others have stated. The Pirates for the last 3-4 years have tried as a club to avoid those weekends.

Kevin

#18 ·
randii said:
Jerry and Brian, please edit your post/quote. Remember, this is a PG-rated forum. If you don't edit now, I will edit later this evening.

There is no FOTR rank to pull... it is a volunteer organization with no levels within it, short of Del, who sits up top. Anyone who cares about the trail is welcome -- but do be aware that FOTR's Trail Patrol will be out and about.

If you stay on the trail and avoid resource damage, Trail Patrol won't be a concern for you. If you are off the trail or damaging resources, then Trail Patrol will be trying to document it to report it to law enforcement... and your dad. :flipoff2:

Randii
I'll go one better and say to Jerry, that if you can't keep it clean I WILL have you banned from the Rubicon Forum. This is not the first time.

Scott

#19 · (Edited)
aaaaannnd. Speaking to rank. Yes, Trail Patrol has rank. Ultimately I hope to see them able to issue cites. When or even if that ever happens we will see, but until then, Trail Patrol is to be respected as users who care.

Everyone I have ever talked to on the trail about actions or whatever, has been very nice and respectful of me and (I hope) the trail. It is only here, on the internet that the nasty name calling crap goes on. From within our own ranks. Very Sad. Especially since so many agencies give the internet too much "rank". Get IT??

Scott

#21 ·
Thanks to a little cooperation from everybody but the potty-mouth who started drifting, and a little editing, we're back on track. Thanks, Brian, Ryan, Scott, and others who help keep this Rubicon forum between the rails. :cool2:

Randii

#22 ·
UGET IT said:
I would advise not going on that weekend for all the reasons others have stated. The Pirates for the last 3-4 years have tried as a club to avoid those weekends.
Same thing for us. Early season is the WORST time to be up there.

#23 ·
Good discussions guys....thanks to all of you who are paying attention to the fact that our trail is under BIG eyes, as usual, even more so than last year.
Run it when it's dry! :laughing:

Thanks, Del

#26 ·
Uglyranger has the right idea...spring wheeling is for the desert where resource damage won't occur due to wet conditions. Think Moonrocks (although I hear BLM has their eyes on some spots there too) or Johnson Valley.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.