Pirate 4x4 banner

Roc Meeting?

852 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Jeepndel 
#1 ·
When is the next meeting, I would like to jump aboard with yall if i could...

#2 · (Edited)
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, Smart Ass, but I'd like you to try and find this information on the El Dorado Couty website. I've been on Dan Bolster (chairperson of the ROC) to get this information (time, date, location, directions) prominanetly posted for those interested for YEARS.

If you can't find the information you need e-mail Dan Bolster and let him know you didn't see it (time, date, location, directions) on the website.

I'll post up well before the next meeting (2nd week of April) with details.

Thanks for helping me put pressure on the county.

Doug

#3 ·
I'll get you started, Dane:
http://www.co.el-dorado.ca.us/Rubicon/index.html

...but do email Dan and ask why the next meeting is not posted (time, date, location, directions). For a public meeting, they sure do keep it pretty quiet. :shaking:

It is worth asking why they have yet to post minutes for the meetings on 8/11/2005, 3/9/2006, and 4/19/2006.... or how minutes that are only distributed a few days in advance of the meeting (if that) can ever be responded to before they are voted in and moved forward from? :mad3:

Frustrating. I'm tempted to move at the next meeting that the ROC set a policy to table approval of the preceeding meeting's minutes until two weeks after whenever they are published to the web. :evil:

Randii

#4 ·
One Item I added to the Master Plan, is the County must maintain a email notification list, to let all interested parties know about meetings.

#5 ·
I wish i could have said something but i have did not have a chance to read through the RTMP before the meeting and basically came in as fresh meet for the grill... Just wanted to listen and make sure both sides were being heard. I am currently reading the RTMP and will submit my sugestions via snail mail before the 24th at midnight...

-Dane

Simple Man said:
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, Smart Ass, but I'd like you to try and find this information on the El Dorado Couty website. I've been on Dan Bolster (chairperson of the ROC) to get this information (time, date, location, directions) prominanetly posted for those interested for YEARS.

If you can't find the information you need e-mail Dan Bolster and let him know you didn't see it (time, date, location, directions) on the website.

I'll post up well before the next meeting (2nd week of April) with details.

Thanks for helping me put pressure on the county.

Doug

#7 ·
It says:

The 30-day NOP review and comment period begins March 24, 2006 and ends April 24, 2006. Your comments can be sent anytime during the NOP review period.

It's not crystal clear....but I'm guessing by "can be sent anytime during the NOP review period" means postmarked.

Why not just say: RECEIVED NO later than April 24 or POSTMARKED by April 24. Jeesh.

#9 ·
They don't define it that well. Remember, if the past process is any indication, they don't really WANT comments -- they just want to provide full legal opportunity for comment, and maybe a warm feel-good appearance, but actual COMMENT... well, that would require more effort.

Almost a half-million OHMVR dollars have gone into hiring ESP, who specializes in this process... IMHO, they know exactly how to do the little things that enhance comment, and they purposefully avoid them.

So what I suggest is that you get some sort of signed receipt or tracking record to show that you submitted your comments. Registered mail is good, or a signed scrap of paper from when you drop it off at the office. Since they have avoided making it clear, IMHO, they are obliged to accept comments until close of business on Monday at the office, until midnight by email, or anything with a Monday postmark.

To be absolutely sure, get 'em to their office on Monday and get a receipt, but I think you are pretty safe with any of the preceeding strategies.

Randii

#10 ·
Thanks Randi,

I'll be in town Monday, so I'll go by and drop them off and get a receipt. If anyone else needs me to drop their's off, I suppose I could do that too. You would have to email them to me in Word format so I could print them and deliver them.

john@johnarenz.com

#13 ·
8:30AM

Boy....they sure try really hard to make sure no one can go. Unless they aren't open to the public? I don't know...I've never been able to go.

Thanks for the info.

#14 ·
atvobsession said:
8:30AM

Boy....they sure try really hard to make sure no one can go. Unless they aren't open to the public? I don't know...I've never been able to go.

Thanks for the info.
Yea, that's our guv-ment. :)
And next week here in Amador County near me, the County Board is having an ATV noise ordinance hearing (they want to crack down on bikes and atv's). It's at 1:30 in the afternoon on a Monday. Makes you wonder how the average working guy is supposed to particpate in the process, huh?
I'll be there.
Del

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.