Pirate 4x4 banner

alternatives for Memorial Day

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  ddestruel 
#1 ·
With all tha posts about how wet it is up on the rubicon, and how we all need to protect this trail from closure, Not to mention all the retards that flood the trail on Memorial weekend, I thought I'd start a thread about some alternatives to the Con over memorial weekend. This might give other people ideas so (hopefully) we can cut the traffic down

#8 ·
1uglyranger said:
1/2 hour outside Reno... ....out the Pyramid Hwy:cool2:
Moon Rocks, good idea!
Does anyone know if there are any restrictions there right now?
Shall we plan a trip to Moon Rocks for Memorial weekend?

#9 ·
jeeperrick said:
Depending on run off from snow pack, the water level could make that very dangerous.
and will cause the same problems as going to the Con. It will be very wet

#10 ·
rockalot said:
Moon Rocks, good idea!
Does anyone know if there are any restrictions there right now?
Shall we plan a trip to Moon Rocks for Memorial weekend?
Always a good idea:D

No resrictions that I know of... we went there last year for Memorial day, and it was a blast... This year we are doing a family run there the weekend before, cause the party may be a little too much for the youngins:eek:

#16 ·
awesome to see that the word is getting out and people are listening to reason. Now if I could just get my POS finished I could go somewhere to :flipoff2:

#17 ·
RCKRATZ said:
awesome to see that the word is getting out and people are listening to reason. Now if I could just get my POS finished I could go somewhere to :flipoff2:

Memorial Day 2010 is just around the corner..... I'm sure the rig will be done by then:flipoff2:

#19 ·
for those that are headed to Moon rocks, I'd like to ask a favor or two :)

Knowing that about everyone there will be a Rubicon kinda guy, take some FOTR brochures with you and hand a few out. Get them from the Rubicon Trail Home Page (Downloads): http://www.delalbright.com/Rubicon/downloads.htm

Also, if you've been keeping up with the Master Plan stuff here and on the FOTR or El Dorado County web site, please share what you know around the campfires.

thanks, Del

#20 ·
Hyena said:

Fordyce is just as delicate as the con these days and it is 2000' higher so if the con is being avoided lump Fordyce in there with it as potentially too wet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.