Pirate 4x4 banner

Loon Lake May 7 2006

4K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  upinit 
#1 ·
A view from the road before the first dam.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thaks for sharing, I can't wait till July!:D

JW

#24 ·
upinit said:
Did they blow up just the first set of rocks at gatekeeper or beyond that as well? There are a couple hair-pin turns 100 yards in.
I get sooooo tired of hearing '2WD-easy.' C'mon, man, you won't be able to get in there in 2WD unless you have 35" or bigger tires and a decent low range. That's consistent with most trail usage, IMHO.

Guys, I'm not happy with what happened at GK last year, or more precisely HOW it happened, but we need to move on... I'll be up there June 3rd for the work weekend, trying to harden the surface for drainage and make sure that there is still a challenge at Gatekeeper. No, I don't expect it will be the type of challenge it was in early 2005, but realistically, that in 2005, it was torn up and inconsistent with the way it was prior to 2003.

Randii

#25 ·
upinit said:
Instead of turning around in the beginning they'll break a mile in....
I think it will be sooner than that. Just a couple hundred feet farther up is a short but steep hill climb that takes you to the top of the bowl. I expect to see a lot of stock/open vehicles unable to make this hill and tearing it up. Other people will make bypasses, or start re-using the one bypass in that area which was already blocked off. I plan on bring this area up on the June 2nd field trip, as I think it needs to be addressed...

#26 ·
randii said:
I get sooooo tired of hearing '2WD-easy.' C'mon, man, you won't be able to get in there in 2WD unless you have 35" or bigger tires and a decent low range. That's consistent with most trail usage, IMHO.

Guys, I'm not happy with what happened at GK last year, or more precisely HOW it happened, but we need to move on... I'll be up there June 3rd for the work weekend, trying to harden the surface for drainage and make sure that there is still a challenge at Gatekeeper. No, I don't expect it will be the type of challenge it was in early 2005, but realistically, that in 2005, it was torn up and inconsistent with the way it was prior to 2003.

Randii
If I can make it through with no problems in 2wd when the rocks are wet, it's easy!! You may be tired of hearing it but it's the truth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.