Pirate 4x4 banner

TNF Trail Survey

2K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  afecko 
#1 ·
UC Davis is doing some route designation contract work for Tahoe National Forest. Part of that work includes this survey:

http://ohvsurvey.info/

It is CRITICALLY important that you make your feelings known about the way you recreate in TNF. Remember, the Fordyce Creek trail is in TNF.

Filling this thing in is a no-brainer, so please take the time to do it!

Couple of hints. At the end of the survey, there is a section that asks for ways to improve your recreational experience in TNF. Some sample answers might include:

Developing new OHV trails, especially for Jeep use.

Increasing the amount of allowable dispersed camping.

Providing greater parking facilities for OHV support vehicles.

.....you get the idea! ;)

Andy

Yeah, I double posted in General 4x4, sue me, I'm trying to get the word out!

See less See more
#2 ·
Great find, Andy! :cool2:

Here's a few other things to add:
Section E:
formalize adopt-a-trail support through area clubs like Four-Dice and Sacramento Jeepers

Section H:
* Develop new OHV and 4x4 trails
* Increase dispersed camping opportunities
* Provide additional structure parking for OHV and equestrain support vehicles
* More visible law enforcement on the trail

Section I:
Balance use by trail miles, not just by acreage. A healthy forest acre has huge opportunity for campers, hikers, bird watchers, and bunny humpers. A road through the forest has very limited opportunity for vehicles that must stay on the trail -- please weight retention of trail miles accordingly!

Takes less than five minutes -- DO IT!!!! Then when you are done, hit back and go back and enter every other email address you have. Consider signing up family members, as well... my wife and dog just completed the form, and it hardly took them any time at all!

Randii

#9 ·
Done!!!!:d

#11 ·
Done. :cool2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.