Pirate 4x4 banner

So who is going to be ON the trail this summer?

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  NOODLES 
#1 ·
So I figured my first post on the forum here would get right to the point. I'm looking for a group that would be kind enough to let me come along for a run on the Rubicon some time in July.

To be sure, I'm no newbie, I just don't wheel that often since I moved back to CA. I've been on the Rubicon twice and done a good portion of the 4+ trails in Moab a couple times too. We call my junk "The Little Jeep that Could" and it makes it through all sorts of stuff.

So hello to all, and I hope I can be a helpful member to someone at some point.

I'd list the mods/spares I've done to the YJ, but just look at my website and you can see the laundry list.

PLEASE SOMEONE! I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO ALONE!!!!!!!

#2 ·
I will be up there the weekend of the 8th. I think july 6-7-8-9 actually. my birthday is that saturday, and don't care who tags along. there is a good chance there will be 8 or more rigs in our group, and planning to go into buck. the weekend before will probably be just a saturday and sunday thing to the same place. and every other weekend should be fordyce or dusy. I never leave anybody behind either.

#4 ·
longtallsally said:
So I figured my first post on the forum here would get right to the point. I'm looking for a group that would be kind enough to let me come along for a run on the Rubicon some time in July.

To be sure, I'm no newbie, I just don't wheel that often since I moved back to CA. I've been on the Rubicon twice and done a good portion of the 4+ trails in Moab a couple times too. We call my junk "The Little Jeep that Could" and it makes it through all sorts of stuff.

So hello to all, and I hope I can be a helpful member to someone at some point.

I'd list the mods/spares I've done to the YJ, but just look at my website and you can see the laundry list.

PLEASE SOMEONE! I REALLY DON'T WANT TO GO ALONE!!!!!!!

Check out http://www.bayarea4x4.com

We go up frequently in the summer, and we've dragged everything from a stock 2005 TJ to 40+" tire beasts across...

We're not all that good at planning ahead though, so check back often to see whats going on. Every wednesday we hang out in a burned down diner Parking lot, you should come hang out sometime. TTYL

#6 ·
Some of our club members will be going up for the weekend of July 4th and you're welcome along.

Check out our web site and calendar for other runs you may be interested in joining us on... Sierra Treasure Hunters.

#7 ·
cruzila said:
I fixed your thread title. Check out Del's site for info on trail ettiquite.

Del's page
Good Luck! Scott
Sorry if I missed something on the title? I try my best not be a mallet head on Internets boards.

Thank you all VERY much for the invites. And sorry it is taking so long to respond, but part of the reason I've not been able to get that involved is that work really keeps me busy and stressed.

So much so that after I re-read my post I realized that I didn't even put in the URL for my lame little website. Now maybe you can believe me :D

www.longtallsally.50megs.com

The quick rundown on my '95 4 cyl YJ is 4" suspension lift, 1" body and motor lifts, 33s, 4.88s, lock rights at both ends, Warn xd9000i, OBA, etc etc etc...

Also, I've known about Del for years and most certainly make my best effort to respect the trail and the surrounding environment including packing out what I pack in- including what may come out of me. If I can find the time, I might even try to make one of the cleanup runs that are done up there, but that is iffy at best seeing as I might have to start to go over to England for work here shortly from time to time.

Ironically, the first week or so in July is definitely not possible as that is the weekend of MotoGP and I'm a nut for 2 wheels (going to Thunder Hill next week with my bike).

Again, many thanks and I'll be checking out the sources listed.

#9 ·
Sluice Sally said:
Some of our group will be making a run the 1st weekend in August. We'll be heading in Friday night and back out on Sunday:)

I definitely down for that! My goal is to try and make it up 3 times this season as I'd really like to get to know the trail better this year and also help out on its maintenance should I have the time. It is a very big milestone for me to get to appreciate this trail as I dreamed about it since High School back in OH, and now that I am permanently back in CA, I want to live the dream!

#10 ·
NOODLES said:
I will be up there the weekend of the 8th. I think july 6-7-8-9 actually. my birthday is that saturday, and don't care who tags along. there is a good chance there will be 8 or more rigs in our group, and planning to go into buck. the weekend before will probably be just a saturday and sunday thing to the same place. and every other weekend should be fordyce or dusy. I never leave anybody behind either.
Happy Birthday!
My BD is Sunday the 9th and will also be there July 5th thru the 8th or 9th with 4 or 5 rigs.
Planning on staying at Buck also.
I'll buy you a drink for your birthday:beer: :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.