Pirate 4x4 banner

Rubicon from Tahoe Side?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  arcthedog 
#1 ·
What are the conditions? I am hoping to get picked up from that side for Rubithon, but I REALLY don't want my ride to do the trip if it is impassible,a nd he ends up getting stuck. The truck is built, and I am sure of his abilities, I am just hoping the trail is passable.

Thanks
DIma

#5 ·
The trail is broke in from tahoe, but there are trees down (alot) and the springs are a disaster. It flooded again (not as bad as 96) and the outhouses are all down/missing, lots of stuff is gone. It looks like the river just got to the base of the cabins and moved or took lots of stuff. I saw a sink in a tree down by dirty dozen...
Miller creek jumped it's banks again and the whole area we fixed a couple years ago is hosed. The whole area is a logjam.
There is a logjam stuck under the bridge and another large one at smith's cabin.

#7 ·
The deepest was the one by barker pass cutoff. About the same as last rubithon. The last one before you come out of the trees has a dead lodgepole blocking the straight away water hole so the bypass is the only option. There a few really big ones that need cutting mid caddilac. We cut a couple just as you reach the springs at the creek.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.