Pirate 4x4 banner

June 24th work day at the Kiosk

5K views 71 replies 22 participants last post by  cougarfreak 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
June 25th Work Day Click here to sign up.

There will be three main efforts (plus food!) to this work weekend, and Kevin Carey is heading the attack, based from the Loon Lake kiosk:
* Kiosk Deck: Jeff Huelsman as lead foreman (assemble 9am, Saturday and Sunday at Loon Lake kiosk)
* Rocks-n-Reflectors: lead is Randy Burleson (assemble 9am, Saturday at Loon Lake kiosk)
* Wentworth Cleanup: lead is Dana Holland (assemble 9am, Saturday at Wentworth Springs Campground)
Dinner: lead is Dana Holland (assemble 6pm, Saturday at Wentworth Springs Campground)

KIOSK DECK
Small crew of experienced contractors, with Jeff as Foreman
* everyone should have a framing hammer, a screwgun, and plenty of water to drink
* tools to bring if you have them: roto-hammer and bits, cordless impact drivers, digicam
* I think the generator is in plan, but it would be great to have extra gas to use

ROCKS-N-RELFECTORS
Randy Burleson already has plenty of epoxy, reflectors, and marking paint, as well as latex gloves and epoxy stir sticks
* everyone should bring work gloves and scuzzy clothes for epoxy mess and plent of water to drink
* we will need rigs/winches/rigging, as well as shovels and digging bars to move boulders to help define the trail
* it would help to have an extra chainsaw with bar oil and fuel
As needed, we'll do touch-up through Gatekeeper and the Alligator Pit on the earlier work

WENTWORTH SPRINGS CAMPGROUND
Dana Holland will be working Wentworth Campground repairs, and already has club volunteers committed to do what he needs. That said, he can probably keep extra drop-in volunteers busy.
* everyone should have a work gloves and plenty of water to drink
* hand tools to install fire rings, repair restroom door, rebuild picnic table
* shovels and digging bars to maintain drainage features
* chainsaw/oil/fuel-mix to maintain campsite borders
* winches/rigging as necessary to move boulders around to help define campsite borders

Saturday evening at 6pm, to celebrate the end of a day of hard work, Dana, his club(s), and Cal4Wheel will be feeding the workers at the Wentworth Campground. Del Albright will be there to do announcements and recognition -- bring your own beverage and an empty stomach!

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I'm planning on making it up there again. Better have something equally as good as the ribs this time though!:grinpimp:

I see if I can pull in at the Kiosk without high centering my car this time!

But is it the 24th, the 25th, or both? The sign up sheet says June 24-25.

#9 ·
I plan on being there
No comments from you Tinman

#11 ·
It will be a (2) Day project. We dont need a ton of bodies but some experienced carpenters. Listed below is what I need for the project. I will be the point of contact and the incident commander. Jeff Huelsmen (H8Monday) is the foreman for the deck build. I am sure he will chime in tonight with some additional requests.

Thanks everyone and I am looking forward to getting this done. If there are any questions or comments please feel free to call me during the evening @ 530-626-9394 or email me @ PORPRES@pirate4x4.com

*Light Generator that can power a couple saws / table saw.
* 10 Gal. of Gas for the generator. (RTF will re-emburse)
*1 or 2 enclosed small trailers so we can haul out the waste wood left from the deck.
*BBQ Grill and a chef to feed the deck builders.

GET IT

#12 ·
UGET IT said:
We dont need a ton of bodies but some experienced carpenters.
The skilled carpenter-folks can help Jeff and Kevin -- I'll be leading another FOTR crew to do some signage work and rock adjustments on the trail through the public land near Loon.

I tend to use the wrong end of the hammer, so I'm safer sticking down reflectors and moving rocks. :rasta: If you're similarly challenged, requirements for my crew will be scuzzy clothes (epoxy makes a mess), and winches/rigging as necessary to move boulders around to help define the trail. I can keep a pretty good-sized crew busy, so if a club wants to show up, I'll make sure you're not standing around!

Randii

#15 ·
Cool -- we'll find work for whomever attends. Just to be clear, though, the first priority is the kiosk deck -- once we get those guys staffed, I'll peel out with the Rocks and Reflectors team and we'll get a reasonable amount of work done for the size of crew that we have to work with....

With the killer grub and accomplishments from last weekend, we have a tough act to follow! :eek:

Randii

#17 · (Edited)
I have done some carpentry work in the past. I'll bring my hammer and bags. Should I bring some nails or screws? Generator and saw? Drill? Saw horses?

#18 ·
cougarfreak said:
I have done some carpentry work in the past. I'll bring my hammer and bags. Should I bring some nails or screws? Generator and saw? Drill? Saw horses?
Consider yourself on the crew:D Please bring the Generator and some fuel. I will pay you for the fuel so that wont be a worry. Bring your hand tools, Hammers, Skilsaw and so on.

The Kiosk Team will be meeting on Sat. morning @ 7-7:30 @ the Kiosk. We want to get an early start so the sun doesnt beat the heck out of us.

GET IT

#19 ·
Copy Dat!!!:cool2:

UGET IT said:
Consider yourself on the crew:D Please bring the Generator and some fuel. I will pay you for the fuel so that wont be a worry. Bring your hand tools, Hammers, Skilsaw and so on.

The Kiosk Team will be meeting on Sat. morning @ 7-7:30 @ the Kiosk. We want to get an early start so the sun doesnt beat the heck out of us.

GET IT

#21 ·
I'm not exactly a journeyman carpenter, but I have a large cordless combo kit I can bring, skil saw, jig saw, drill, and so on. I would be happy to help.

#23 · (Edited)
UGET IT said:
Bring It!:cool2:
cool, I'll be there for sure on sat. But I don't anticipate my wife letting me take 2 days. I'll do what I can. I'll prob bring a carpenter buddy of mine with me too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.