Pirate 4x4 banner

snow on the trail

2K views 23 replies 10 participants last post by  arcthedog 
#1 ·
Anyone got pics of the snow conditions?

#3 ·
I've got a few but they are too big and I don't have a host for them.

There are still quite a few spots on the Tahoe side between the turn off at Barker Pass Road and the water hole we just drained. It's passable but we had the shovels out for 20-30 miutes getting our five rigs through at one spot.

Still a few drifts between the staging area and the Barker turn off. Most just force you to one side or the other. The ground is still very wet everywhere. Water levels are very high and there is a lot of water crossing the trail.

Doug

#4 ·
Simple Man said:
I've got a few but they are too big and I don't have a host for them.

There are still quite a few spots on the Tahoe side between the turn off at Barker Pass Road and the water hole we just drained. It's passable but we had the shovels out for 20-30 miutes getting our five rigs through at one spot.

Still a few drifts between the staging area and the Barker turn off. Most just force you to one side or the other. The ground is still very wet everywhere. Water levels are very high and there is a lot of water crossing the trail.

Doug
can you email them to arcthedog@charter.net

#5 ·
This is very true. The trail seemed to be open/dry almost everywhere except this part (that Simple Man mentions) which was very wet. I am kinda bummed we went through the wet stuff, but we did not want to turn back after getting to the top of Cadillac.

#6 ·
Well, we're gonna try and give it a go this weekend. Prob 4 or 5 rigs heading out friday afternoon.

#8 · (Edited)
OakieOffroad85 said:
Me and a few of my friends are planning on heading up there too.

Give us a holler if you see one of these trucks.

will do, look for one of these rigs
I wish i understood why sometimes the pics come up and sometimes just the links come up

Attachments

#10 ·
OakieOffroad85 said:
Me and a few of my friends are planning on heading up there too.

Give us a holler if you see one of these trucks.

we're just gonna cruise in the tahoe side and camp in the springs all weekend and drink as much as possible:smokin:

#11 ·
Yeh we should be getting up there early saturday morning or early afternoon. We're starting at wentworth springs. Not quite sure how far were going in. Might go up to little sluice or a little further then head back. Hope to see ya there. :smokin:

#12 ·
OakieOffroad85 said:
Yeh we should be getting up there early saturday morning or early afternoon. We're starting at wentworth springs. Not quite sure how far were going in. Might go up to little sluice or a little further then head back. Hope to see ya there. :smokin:
If you see us in the springs, stop in for a shot of patron :beer:

#16 ·
pics of the snow conditions

arcthedog said:
Anyone got pics of the snow conditions?

Taken on 5/30-31 and 6/8-9.
Way too much fun. Less snow but more water 2nd trip. Lots more pics I need to upload. Let me know if interested. The dog even got porcupined on the last trip.

Props to Shaffers Offroad in Carson City for the EPIC tube doors. Made things much mo bettah!

#21 ·
root beer cj said:
It was hot up there this weekend, NO snow from Loon to the Springs, but talked to a couple of guys that came in Tahoe side and said there is a couple of feet on top of the hill.
Yeh weather up there was as nice as can be. Little bit of dust sometimes but lots of water to play in.

#22 ·
I just got back at about 5pm and it was perfect this weekend. a few snow patches to cross coming in from tahoe, but nothing major. the water crossings were about 3/4 of the way up my 35's. all in all it was great, we pretty much had the upper part of rubicon springs to ourselves. I might have counted 15-20 rigs all weekend.

#24 ·
didn't have a thermometer. it got a little chilly at night, but it was nice and hot during the daytime

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.