Pirate 4x4 banner

New Trail Signs

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  randii 
#1 ·
This is my observation from this past weekend. I have no idea who put them up, where they came from or anything else to do with them.

I do however want to say thank you for the contribution of the signs.

2 signs in question.

1:the diamond shaped yellow metal signs with a tire in teh center posted on various trees throughout the trail. very nice and i hope they stick around.

2: at the cut off for wentworth/the trail. and elis there are 2 nice crafted wood signs that give the general direction and idea on where to go for the new folks. i also hope they last.

#5 · (Edited)
The Jerk said:
i remember the yello signs from 03 but there alot more of them now. they were not there last weekend.
Jimmy is correct -- many more of these are being hung on trees this season. Next weekend, part of the work will be putting down more reflectors, as well.

Randii

#7 · (Edited)
The Jerk said:
This is my observation from this past weekend. I have no idea who put them up, where they came from or anything else to do with them.

I do however want to say thank you for the contribution of the signs.

2 signs in question.

1:the diamond shaped yellow metal signs with a tire in teh center posted on various trees throughout the trail. very nice and i hope they stick around.

2: at the cut off for wentworth/the trail. and elis there are 2 nice crafted wood signs that give the general direction and idea on where to go for the new folks. i also hope they last.
When me and my friends rolled through wentworth on saturday in the afternoon there was no wooden sign we just followed the end of the poker run or whatever it was.

At the end of the day we wound up coming back through wentworth and were looking for firewood right at the beginning of the springs where u can take that left and head up to that lake. Well my friend found one of those crafted wood signs and he stuck it in the back of my truck. I went back there and looked at the firewood and noticed the sign and it said. Wentworth Springs to the right and some other lake name to the left. Apparently someone had ripped it off the post and thrown it in the bushes. I asked him why he put it in the back of my truck and hes like, "I wanna take it home." I was :mad3: :mad3: Well I realized this was supposed to be the sign for the springs and promptly returned it to the post where it belonged. I dont know if any of you noticed but my friend put a few little dents in it on accident trying to hammer it back on with a rock.

At least the sign is back. :smokin:

#8 ·
Props to you, OakieOffroad85 :grinpimp: and raspberries to your buddy :shaking: who wanted to take it home. One of these days it will start to sink in that this is a County road, and messing with the signs is a crime. :rolleyes:

Randii

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.