Pirate 4x4 banner

Rubicon Money from Doolittle

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  SlowMo 
#1 ·
This discussion started over in Chit Chat but I brought it here so we can do something positive with this.
WE need to send emails and letters to Congressman Doolittle RIGHT NOW< TODAY, to let him we appreciate the effort at getting us some funds to do our trail right.
If you know some addresses for the good congressman, whip it on us.
Del
####

I just spoke with Supervisor Jack Sweeney, long time Rubicon user and wheeler. IT was his push that helped John find the opportunity to earmark that money (if it goes thru) for the Rubicon. What impressed the congressman the most was the number of volunteers and volunteer hours that we have invested (and tracked) on the Rubicon over the last 5 years.

Yes, a new bridge or hardened crossing at Ellis Creek would take a lot of heat off of us from the fed side (pollution, sedimentation, crossing year round creeks, blah blah). It might also build us a potty or two that we can get serviced.

I'll be finding out where we send thank you notes to Doolittle because like everything he does or not, when a congressman stands up to earmark money for our trail, I'm going to thank him for trying.

Del

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Washington, D.C. Office

Representative John T. Doolittle
United States House of Representatives
2410 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
202-225-2511
202-225-5444 (fax)

Granite Bay, CA Office

4230 Douglas Blvd.
Suite 200
Granite Bay, CA 95746
(916) 786-5560
(916) 786-6364 (fax)

#5 ·
Let Mr. Doolittle know you appreciate his efforts this election year.

Del, can you please elaborate on the funding? How much, earmarked for specifics, etc?

Thanks,

cruzila said:
Washington, D.C. Office

2410 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
202-225-2511
202-225-5444 (fax)

Granite Bay, CA Office

4230 Douglas Blvd.
Suite 200
Granite Bay, CA 95746
(916) 786-5560
(916) 786-6364 (fax)

#6 ·
Congressman Doolittle,

Thank you for your efforts to find funding for improvements to the Rubicon Trail. As a user and steward of this great Sierra resource, I appreciate your efforts in helping us keep the trail open to recreational vehicle traffic, while improving the trail experience for users. The improvements that are planned will not only aid recreationists, but improve water quality and generally aid the surrounding ecosystem.

Again, thank you for your efforts, and know that you have my vote in November.

Andrew Fecko

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.