Pirate 4x4 banner

If you run the entire rubicon from Loon to Tahoe-How do U return to trailer at loon?

2K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  resqme 
#1 ·
Hello there. I was wondering what my options are if I run from loon to tahoe? Do I have to turn around and run the trail back from tahoe to loon to get my trailer. I would think that highway 50 would be the only way around, any others? How about extreme rigs, I guess theyre stuck to just the trail?
Thanks for any help!

#2 ·
WIKD 281 said:
Hello there. I was wondering what my options are if I run from loon to tahoe? Do I have to turn around and run the trail back from tahoe to loon to get my trailer. I would think that highway 50 would be the only way around, any others? How about extreme rigs, I guess theyre stuck to just the trail?
Thanks for any help!
I would go to the top of cadillac lookout and turn around and go back. The trail from the lookout to tahoe sucks.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply! The furthest that I have been was from loon to just a little past little sluice or the 'box'. How much furth past the box is cadillac hill? Equal of the distance from loon to the box- or twice as far?
Please forgive me...but what do you mean the trail is not that good past cadillac, its not that challenging? Not very hard terrain?
Thanks!

#5 ·
WIKD 281 said:
Thanks for the reply! The furthest that I have been was from loon to just a little past little sluice or the 'box'. How much furth past the box is cadillac hill? Equal of the distance from loon to the box- or twice as far?
Please forgive me...but what do you mean the trail is not that good past cadillac, its not that challenging? Not very hard terrain?
Thanks!
what he means is that after the lookout there is little to no rocks anymore. there is about 8 miles or rutted out gravel road that you either go slowly and enjoy the scenery or do what my buddies and i do. tighten down everything and jam in 4 hi about 35mph to get the hell out of there. dpends on what you want to do. enjoy emerald bay in tahoe or skip the b.s. and go back to your trailer. you could also park your trailer just off of 50 on the side of icehouse and drive the 30miles to the trailhead and then pickup your trailer on the way back down 50.

#6 ·
Friends have towed to loon. and unloaded and had a friend with a streetable rig follow them to tahow side to drop trailers and come back then run the trail. just dont break early, lol. As ron said. just go mid way up cadilac or to teh vista and come back if you have the fuel

jiMMy

#8 ·
The Jerk said:
Friends have towed to loon. and unloaded and had a friend with a streetable rig follow them to tahow side to drop trailers and come back then run the trail. just dont break early, lol. As ron said. just go mid way up cadilac or to teh vista and come back if you have the fuel

jiMMy
HA! thanks again for the tow out!

Just, I moved my trailer to tahoe, its about a 6 hour round trip.
Really just going to the springs and back is fun.

#9 ·
Rollie said:
I would go to the top of cadillac lookout and turn around and go back. The trail from the lookout to tahoe sucks.
Yea, cool, well-shaded Forest is sooooooo boring. :p I like running the whole trail, it feels like more of a journey, and I love the payoff of washing off in Tahoe, and taking in the view at Emerald Bay.

Of course, I don't tow much! :shrug:

Randii

#11 ·
FIXED IT FOR YOU KEITH

RCKRATZ said:
we usually just go to the top of cadillac & back WITHOUT SLEEP.

#14 ·
WIKD 281 said:
Would I need to carry extra gas to get from loon to cadillac? I have an 03 rubicon with the 4.0L. Last time from loon to just before the little sluice I used just a little over 1/4 tank. Is that about right?
You'd probably be OK going to Cadillac and back on one tank. Just be sure to top off at Pollock Pines before you head up. Of course it's never a bad thing to carry spare gas along with you.

#16 ·
OR leave your tow rigs at loon, wheel into the springs on Rubithon, and have ur buddy blow his head gasket. Talk to a certain someone and have ur passangers get helicoptered out and droped off and the tow rigs and then run the rest of the trail and just have them meet ya in tahoe:smokin:

#22 ·
roc krawler said:
Here's a thought....Try driving IN and driving home w/o a trailer..:flipoff2:
Actually, both are legitimate uses, and we ALL need to work together to maintain them both, or we will be DIVIDED and CONQUERED.

I'm thinking about taking my trailer on the trail, as it is the only vehicle I have that actually works well. :p

Randii

#23 ·
WELL were doing it this weekend.. starting at loon, going to the springs then comming alll the way back out. My concern is how much extra gas i should bring??? Im thinking 10Gal should be enough

#24 ·
I have 22 gal tank and also a 350 (TPI). I can just make it into the springs and back out if I top off at Ice House and then re-fill at ice house on the way out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.