Pirate 4x4 banner

any plans for the 4th.

1K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Trailer Guy 
#1 ·
just wondering if any one will be on the trail over the 4th.:)

#4 ·
Put it this way """STAY ON THE #@$% TRAIL"""" Or off with your HEAD:evil:

DIP WADS,Power Drinkers & People with Road rage STAY HOME!! If you don't I hope LEO GET'S Your BACK SIDE

#7 ·
ridin44s said:
we should all meet at the sluice and then go around looking for people that are messing up the trail. we can give them a little piece of our minds. that would teach them don't ya think. someone set it up.
Alright, I'll bring the torches and pointy hoods:)

I'll be up there camping at the springs, look for a bright orange Toy and say hello.

#8 ·
The wife and I are heading in on Friday and camping somewhere around the Little Sluice. I figure we'll head towards Cadillac early Saturday morning, at some point we'll turn around and head back to camp. Then wheel out to Loon on Sunday and home. She's never seen the whole trail and she wants to drive the buggy so I figure I'll let her get as much seat time as possible. Keep an eye out and say HI. I'll put the panels and hood on, so look for the black cage, red panels and hood, with a super white freak in one seat and a red headed devil woman in the other.

#9 ·
were gonna have a crew of rigs bout 10 so far going in on friday and coming out on sun or mon ... we stayed off for memorial weekend cause of the trail being wet so we planned a huge trip for the weekend befor .. we'll be in rigs ranging from built TJ's and cherokee's stretched CJ's tacoma straight axles and some YJ's .. we were up there cpl weeks ago just checkin the trail out went to buck island and ran into the Patrol a couple times ..of coarse this is OUR Backyard so we know to take care and tread lightly .. ill be in a White TJ with Krawlers and a long arm kit and cruising with a red tacoma straight axle on 33 bfg mudders .. say hi if we run into you not sure where were gonna be campin yet this will be my first time all the way thru as i been on the trail a 1/2 dozen times ... hope to meet ya guys up there on good terms , Bill

#10 · (Edited)
For all that are going to the Con:

Have a great trip and enjoy every day out and be safe!!!
Please if you see anyone off trail inform them and if it's real bad Get some pictures of the vehicle and persons and turn there butt's in to Del or the LEO's that will be out in force.

EDIT: Have a happy fourt of July

#13 ·
Well so much for our trip. We got into our little camp area Friday night and had a good time.:smokin: Got up Saturday morning and the wife jumped behind the wheel and with me spotting I guided her along a couple little spots around camp before the buggy decided that it didn't want to wheel anymore.:mad3: The front seal on the tranny didn't want to do it's duty any longer and there was no convicing it to hang on until we could get off the trail. We where able to pack the skid plate with haz-mat rags to soak up the atf. We also went back on the rocks and tried to clean up as much as possible. I'm sure there where a few out there that saw my buddy towing us back out of the trail and back to Loon Lake and the truck. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone out there on the trail when we where coming through. Everyone was very nice and pulled off the trail so we could get by. I think every single rig that went by asked if there was anything they could do. I tell you what, after seeing (and being a part of) so many little petty arguements on the different forums, it was such a nice feeling to know that when someone needs it, everyone there is willing to help. THANK YOU to everyone out there on Sat. morning.

Aaron

#14 ·
Thanks for doing such a thorough cleanup, Aaron -- bummer that it was required. Good to hear that folks are helpful and willing to clear the way for a vehicle in tow...

Randii

#15 ·
i remember running into your crew from Redding on the trail friday evening .. if this the same crew man you guys had a messed up weekend .. 2 of your tow rigs broke down in sly park area and your rig on the trail .. dunno if ya know who i was on the trail but i was the white TJ at the Soup bowl with a Broken Shifter we welded up ... i think your crew passed us at that point. we had a great run my shifter and a friends steering column breaking were our biggest problems on the trail which were fixxed :) .. i still cant believe how few of people were actually out there this weekend .. was a good weekend out there , lotsa good ppl . Bill

#16 ·
Well I had a good weekend hit the trail Saturday morning at 7am. I made it to Buck Island around 1. There was no traffic there. Then left Sunday around 11am toured Tahoe following a guy in a nice blue bronco with a busted front axel shaft, who we staid behind all the way out very nice guy. We were a loner on the trail and it was nice to join him and his group out. Not too many delays on the trail made it out by around 6pm. I hit the road home and the truck started vibrating bad. I had bent my drive line so we pulled over and removed it, put it in 4h and started again. I made it about 10 feet on the front driveline when the ujoing blue apart had to put the rear back on and found a place to camp about 1 mile out of Truckee on the river. We went to Napa in the morning and made it home Monday had to miss a day of work at UPS but all in all a great trip. I was the one on the trail with 4 people in a red Tacoma sas with 33’s. Every one we saw on the trail was very nice and polite wall the trail of about 15 rigs past by on the way out I was the last in the trail. Thanks to all the people I saw on the trail this weekend.

#17 ·
We were on the trail Sat-Mon and I can't say it wasn't crowded be we all played nice. Didn't see any blatant misuse of the trail but did see a few too many open containers and ahhh well drunkards. We stayed at the springs which was actually quiet at times. All-n-all a sweet trip.

Many thanks to the bro in the Toy that loaned one in our crew a steering knuckle to fix some broken steer arm studs :beer:

The silver Toy was broke not mine:smokin:

#18 ·
CreepyCrawler said:
i remember running into your crew from Redding on the trail friday evening .. if this the same crew man you guys had a messed up weekend .. 2 of your tow rigs broke down in sly park area and your rig on the trail .. dunno if ya know who i was on the trail but i was the white TJ at the Soup bowl with a Broken Shifter we welded up ... i think your crew passed us at that point. we had a great run my shifter and a friends steering column breaking were our biggest problems on the trail which were fixxed :) .. i still cant believe how few of people were actually out there this weekend .. was a good weekend out there , lotsa good ppl . Bill
Yep, that was us. It was a hell of a weekend, but without issues like that, life would be boring. I remember seeing you guys there, glad to hear that everything worked out. Even though we had problems, none of us can complain. The ppl were great and the weather was great, so all and all, a good time.

#19 · (Edited)
Trailer Guy said:
Well so much for our trip. We got into our little camp area Friday night and had a good time.:smokin: Got up Saturday morning and the wife jumped behind the wheel and with me spotting I guided her along a couple little spots around camp before the buggy decided that it didn't want to wheel anymore.:mad3: The front seal on the tranny didn't want to do it's duty any longer and there was no convicing it to hang on until we could get off the trail. We where able to pack the skid plate with haz-mat rags to soak up the atf. We also went back on the rocks and tried to clean up as much as possible. I'm sure there where a few out there that saw my buddy towing us back out of the trail and back to Loon Lake and the truck. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone out there on the trail when we where coming through. Everyone was very nice and pulled off the trail so we could get by. I think every single rig that went by asked if there was anything they could do. I tell you what, after seeing (and being a part of) so many little petty arguements on the different forums, it was such a nice feeling to know that when someone needs it, everyone there is willing to help. THANK YOU to everyone out there on Sat. morning.

Aaron

I wish I woulda known that was you, I was at soupbowl (blue wrangler) working on the 14 bolt when you passed by and said youd rather be in my shoes:laughing: (keep reading)
As it turned out, I broke everything and never even made it to spider but I was lucky enough to have or have been offerd help from 90% of the people on the trail:cool2:

List of broken parts:
front driveline
front pass spring
rear 14 bolt spiders
8274 warn winch
and a tool box

As was stated, the brotherhood is strong, stronger than it has been in many years:cool2:
I was helped way beyond my expectations. Most of them are from pirate but some aren't.

Big thanks to:
The guy in the blue cj from San Jose (that rolled at sluce) for welding my 14 bolt (even though it broke 30 ft down the trail.:p )

NastyToy on BPP and friend for giving me the steel and rod needed to fix my front driveline.:grinpimp:

Curly from PBB and friend for pulling me off the trail and leaving me the tow straps that eventually got me off the trail :cool2:

****** with the 6 cyl sami for letting me use his grinder and welder to piece back together my front driveline:smokin:

Mack at RMP gearworks in Truckee for letting me borrow his chain to replace the broken spring.

And the biggest thanks goes to WelderBoyfor towing my rig out to Loon and then driving me home to get my rig, and to Aggro for letting me borrow his trailer so I could get her home.

Without those above mentioned people I would still be on the trail.:beer:

#20 ·
BEAR said:
I wish I woulda known that was you, I was at soupbowl (blue wrangler) working on the 14 bolt when you passed by and said youd rather be in my shoes:laughing: (keep reading)
As it turned out, I broke everything and never even made it to spider but I was lucky enough to have or have been offerd help from 90% of the people on the trail:cool2:

List of broken parts:
front driveline
front pass spring
rear 14 bolt spiders
8274 warn winch
and a tool box

As was stated, the brotherhood is strong, stronger than it has been in many years:cool2:
I was helped way beyond my expectations. Most of them are from pirate but some aren't.

****** with the 6 cyl sami for letting me use his grinder and welder to piece back together my front driveline:smokin:
Man, that is rough. I'll let ****** know that you said "Thanks". He is a great guy and I love wheeling with him. His truck blew a front tranny seal on the way to the Con on Friday, but you would have never known it by the way he smiles.

I plan on going back for Labor Day weekend for the Cantina 06 event and to redeem myself. I'm hoping to have a much better weekend and to be able to meet some of the people out on the trail and say hi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.