Pirate 4x4 banner

Multi Agency DUI Checkpoint

1K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  dozer dude 
#1 ·
That's right.....per Placerville CHP. Wouldn't say where but did say it is going to happen likely more than once at multiple locations.

#4 · (Edited)
ROCKLIMO said:
That's right.....per Placerville CHP. Wouldn't say where but did say it is going to happen likely more than once at multiple locations.
On the trail? I say right-f'in-awn. I will volunteer to haul the perps to spillway so they can be booked and transported. Want to get drunk and jackass on the trail? Great, your lookin at 3 days in jail, loss of license, and thousands of dollars in fines and sky-high insurance for 7 years. I hate more LEO presence in my life, but I know how to behave. I guess some punks are going to have to learn the hard way.

SeanP

#5 ·
If they handed our a few dui's on the trail I am sure word would spread quickly and those who are being the biggest offenders on the trail right now might clean up thier act.

#6 ·
They commited to the big three weekends last year. That should be a staple for years to come. In between will be sporadic. Better that way though. They never announce in the paper when the crack house is getting busted.

#9 · (Edited)
94xjkyle said:
i agree its a great thing to have, do they bust people for having pasengers drinking or is it just the driver that is at risk?
i think it remains to be seen. However, if getting some a**hats busted means I have to be on best behavior (no open containers for passengers, etc) then so be it.

Somebody mentioned in another thread about the Con being a bastion of lawlessness and that is what has attracted the drunken jackasses. It was great for several years knowing that you were on your own out there, and responsilbe for your own actions. if you got into trouble, MAYBE the kindness of strangers would pull your bacon from the fire. Thirsty on the trail? pop a coors light and proceed onwards, its cool. However, there is a whole section of society that was raised by the government (and NOT by proper parenting) to not be responsible unless the law was around to keep you in line. It's too bad because less interference with our liberties (IMHO) is better, but if the a**hats cannot control themselves, and people have become too pu**ified and meek to step up to someone, then we only have LEO's to save us from ourselves.

#11 ·
SeanP said:
i think it remains to be seen. However, if getting some a**hats busted means I have to be on best behavior (no open containers for passengers, etc) then so be it.

Somebody mentioned in another thread about the Con being a bastion of lawlessness and that is what has attracted the drunken jackasses. It was great for several years knowing that you were on your own out there, and responsilbe for your own actions. if you got into trouble, MAYBE the kindness of strangers would pull your bacon from the fire. Thirsty on the trail? pop a coors light and proceed onwards, its cool. However, there is a whole section of society that was raised by the government (and NOT by proper parenting) to not be responsible unless the law was around to keep you in line. It's too bad because less interference with our liberties (IMHO) is better, but if the a**hats cannot control themselves, and people have become too pu**ified and meek to step up to someone, then we only have LEO's to save us from ourselves.
WOW. That really hits the nail square on the head right there!

It's cool to have a beer or two, or whatever you need. But don't do it while driving and don't drive all s***faced like I have seen all too often. Play it safe and only drink while stopped and hanging out, don't have open containers in your rig (I'd even keep the smashed ones off the floor) and don't over do it! I was hanging out by my rig having a beer at soup can and I was talking to Scott the older Sheriff who has been walking the trail quite often. I could tell he was watching me to see if I was gonna get back in my rig with the open container, so I had my wife finish it before we left. No big deal. Just play it smart, and you won't be the one going to jail. It's sad that we have to have LEO up there, but it is the way things are going to have to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.