Pirate 4x4 banner

August 19th Work Weekend

5K views 79 replies 28 participants last post by  1uglyranger 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.delalbright.com/Forms/fotr_aug19_06.html

We'll be concentraing on Walker Hill erosion control and water management, as well as trail construction. We might do some work at Ellis Creek and even at Loon, depending on the crew size.

We might take up the offer from Rob's Resort for a big a&$ party that Saturday night. The new owner offered to set us up with a band and buffet. WOWOWOW. We need to cogitate on this one, decide how many folks would actually stay there (and make the drive to the project and back).
But what a wonderul offer....huh???

Sign up for the work weekend if you think you can make it, no matter where we end up staying, we'll be working on the Loon/Walker side.

Del

ps. the form is a bit wrong...but sign up anyway. July is Tahoe Side; August is Walker Hill and Loon.

#4 ·
Jeepndel said:
http://www.delalbright.com/Forms/fotr_aug19_06.html

We might take up the offer from Rob's Resort for a big a&$ party that Saturday night. The new owner offered to set us up with a band and buffet. WOWOWOW.

Dude, can we get some Mariachi's Del ? :D :dustin: :blender: :beer:

That is a really cool offer from Robb"s. What an awesome way to finish off the big work weekend.

#7 ·
Hey guys, haven't been able to make it to any weekends since a couple summers ago when we felled some trees and worked on the swamp and hauled all those rocks by the springs and hung the yellow signs from the Tahoe side. I'll be up there this weekend.. but unfortunately not for the work project. I'm bringing about 4 rigs with me from the loon side to stay up at Spider for a relaxing weekend since they've never been before. Will Walker be passable even with the work going on? thanks.

#8 ·
SacTrack said:
Will Walker be passable even with the work going on? thanks.
No worries -- yes, Walker Hill will still be open. There may be short delays, and you should probably carefully guard your ice chests, lest they be plundered by the workers. :p

Randii

#11 ·
August Plans

The August plans are really shaping up to be a fun weekend.
We're working on a camp out at Robb's resort.
We're working on a dance band at Robb's for us (their idea).
We're working on a buffet at Robb's (their idea again).
We're working on major long kick butt day, Saturday, and a git-r-done attitude JUST IN CASE we don't feel like working on Sunday. :)

Stand by to open a can of whoop-butt on this work weekend.

Del

#13 ·
Robb's for the weekend

yea, my only worry about doing the Robb's thing, which is just too much fun to pass up, is that folks will have to make the trek from there to the work site (Walker Hill). Makes for a long day.
Or camp out near Ellis friday night, do Walker work on Saturday, then move Camp to Robb's Saturday evening and party down! Hmmmm, where there's a will, there's a way???

what cha think?
Del

#16 ·
Thanks Del, The party sounds like a blast. I'll be there to help out at Walker. My Buddy should make it too. I'll make sure to sign up on Del's site and call Robbs. We will show up Thursday to make sure to get some play time too.

#19 ·
squarewheels said:
So, where is and how do I get to Ellis Creek campground? Can a tow rig with trailer make it and have a place to park? Thanks. Steve
Ellis Creek camp is on the trail, just after the granite bowl. I would park your tow rig at the spillway and head in thru the Gatekeeper or park down at Airport Flats and come in thru Wentworth.

#20 ·
I'll be there, will plan to work at Walker unless I am needed elsewhere. Are there any particular tools we may need? I have lots of electrical power tools, portable welding if needed, hand tools, chain saws. Let me know!

John Arenz

#21 · (Edited)
resqme said:
I'll be there, will plan to work at Walker unless I am needed elsewhere. Are there any particular tools we may need? I have lots of electrical power tools, portable welding if needed, hand tools, chain saws. Let me know!

John Arenz

Hand tools and a saw will work John are staying for dinner at Robbs

Rusty

#24 ·
i'll be up there friday night around 8pm. but what time and where are we meeting in the mornning? i willnot be camping at robs so any information will be great. ohh and what time will the festivities begin at robs on saturday?

#26 ·
I wont be to the trail until roughly 9:00 Friday evening and plan on spending the night near Gatekeeper. I have a mild built rig following me up that we would rather not have on the trail at night and already planning on meeting another volunteer there as well.

Early rise and on the trail for a short ride into Ellis. Anybody else not looking to drive in Friday night is welcome to tag along.

White TJ w/ black tube fenders on 37" Pitbulls..cb channel 2

Robert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.