CalStar Life Flight Membership - Page 7 - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > Land Use and Trails > Rubicon Trail
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2016, 04:26 PM   #151 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP

Member # 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeep71 View Post
I received a membership renewal yesterday for CalStar. Will be interesting to see for how long or when Reach starts to honor CalStar.
Definitely.

As I suspected, there's a pretty significant price difference...$30 to $55. We're kind of spoiled, having so many members going from $45 to $30. $45 to $55, isn't that big of difference...but $30 to $55 is.

Now granted...that does cover you in 32 states, so I see the value there....but I also know the overwhelming majority has this for Rubicon and Fordyce, so 32 states is a big whoopee.

The rep promised to call me when he gets any word on those decisions. Not expecting that call tomorrow or maybe never...but after a couple months...I'll ping him.

For now....renew as normal until someone says differently.
Ken Hower - KOH #1962 Close Enough Racing/KOH #4899 Legends
Rubicon Trail Foundation - Director 2011-Present

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for being the primary sponsor for the 2016 Cantina For The Con!
atvobsession is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2016, 06:46 PM   #152 (permalink)
Curmudgeon

Member # 194410
I'll actually be happy to see coverage outside of NorCal. Whenever I go to the Hammers, or other areas in NV, SoCal, etc there is no CalStar coverage, so I'd be totally fine to pony up another $25 to get that coverage. Seriously - its $25... thats a case a Coors or a couple six packs of decent beer.

Board Member
Rock Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2016, 07:22 AM   #153 (permalink)

Member # 12635
Ken,

I got the same renewal notice.

The website says a $65 membership. Are we still getting a discount with FOTR?

Doug
North Tahoe Trail Dusters
Tahoe Donner 4 Wheelers

Simple Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2016, 08:18 AM   #154 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP

Member # 31923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
Ken,

I got the same renewal notice.

The website says a $65 membership. Are we still getting a discount with FOTR?

Doug
The Reach discount is $55 for FOTR. Let me send an email to the rep, as to what you need to do in order to get it.

If you still want CalStar, I would try....they told me they were still honoring the current CalStar discount...if that's not the case, I'd be interesting in knowing.

Thanks to
Old 07-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #155 (permalink)
TIME TO GO WHEEL!!!

Member # 225201
Got this email on Friday should clear some stuff up...

Dear Eric,

Thank you for your commitment to CALSTAR and our membership program. As you may have heard, CALSTAR will soon merge with REACH Air Medical Services, which will provide you with access to the nation's largest air ambulance membership program, the AirMedCare Network.

Once the transition to the AirMedCare Network is complete, you will receive a tremendous added value to your annual membership, including:
• Access to over 240 air ambulance locations across 32 states
• Full coverage for all medically-necessary transports provided by CALSTAR, REACH Air Medical Services, Air Evac Lifeteam and Med-Trans Corporation (all participating providers in the AirMedCare Network)
• No out-of-pocket expense in connection to your flight
• No total flight limitations
• Membership covers everyone that resides at your primary address
We are currently working through the final stages of this merger, and all members will be notified of the details once they are finalized. If you currently have a membership with both CALSTAR and REACH, please maintain your memberships with both programs during this transition period to guarantee continued protection for you and your loved ones. The next notification will be mailed to you directly by the AirMedCare Network and will include instructions on how to merge the two active memberships.

If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Membership Office at (888) 207-5433 or info@calstar.org. For more information on the benefits offered by the AirMedCare Network, please visit AirMedCare Network - Medical Flight Transport Service - Your Family Is Priceless or contact their office toll-free at (800) 793-0010.

Please note that as part of the impending transition, CALSTAR will no longer be eligible to accept charitable donations. For all donations received to date, we will honor our donors' wishes to apply their funds as intended. Fortunately, CALSTAR's charitable mission will live on with the establishment of a new not-for-profit foundation to benefit the public, and more details will be shared when available.

To all of our members and contributors, past and present, we are truly grateful for your incredible support of CALSTAR over the years. The good work we have accomplished together will continue to have a positive effect on the lives of many within our shared communities for years to come.

Sincerely,

Mike Nichols
Director of Development & Outreach
erictylers1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2017, 10:09 PM   #156 (permalink)

Member # 693993
I got a letter from CalStar/AirMedCare today. Basically says everything in the previous post. CalStar membership transferred to AirMedCare as of Sept 1 2016. One interesting paragraph said:

"Our records indicate that you are affiliated with F.O.T.R. This group affiliation will not continue through the AirMedCare Network."

Membership price for 2017 is $65. So no more group discount but it looks like there is more coverage. You get CalStar, REACH, Air Evac Lifeteam, and Med-Trans.
giddyap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2017, 01:44 PM   #157 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 22511
Still sounds like a bargain especially covering everyone in your household.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:37 PM   #158 (permalink)

Member # 164501
Cal4wheel discount still applies.
craig195 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #159 (permalink)

Member # 62884
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronken View Post
Still sounds like a bargain especially covering everyone in your household.
Just renewed mine today.
65 a year, worth it to us.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:10 AM   #160 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 32809
I took a look through the membership benefits of AAA and saw they have 25k lifeflight coverage.

Off Road Lighting Solutions, Recovery Gear, Trail-Gear, Ruff Stuff, Method Race Wheels, Aussie Locker, ARB, G2

Thanks Trail-Gear, RuffStuff, Fox, Adco, dynomax, Project4x4, Hellfire Fabworks, Maxxis and 4WheelParts
momar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2017, 01:23 PM   #161 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP

Member # 31923
I finally connected with the 2nd sales rep they've had.

FOTR will have a discount of $55. As soon as I have the discount code, I will let you all know. He is planning to attend the FOTR annual meeting to answer any questions.

Thanks to
Old 03-03-2017, 05:28 PM   #162 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 44179
FYI I got a bill In the mail to renew my membership a few weeks agoand it was only $55 called and renewed yesterday they had other options on paying for more years in advance i.e. A 1 - 3 - 5 - 10 and 25 year pre pay, also they have a new (get you home plan) $130 I think that if you end up in a hospital 150 miles away they will fly you to a hospital near home.

This was on my email bill if that helps
Coupon Code: 11014-CA-BUS

/l ,[____],
l---L 0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--O-)_)
KJ6CXL
peligroso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2017, 09:56 PM   #163 (permalink)
Team 261 - VP

Member # 31923
Casey from Reach will be attending the FOTR Annual meeting.

All info can be found at Friends Of The Rubicon

You can download the PDF application to mail in at
http://www.rubicontrail.org/files/fo...pplication.pdf

You can apply online at
http://www.amcnrep.com/

Use the code on Page 2: 11113-CA-BUS

Cost is $55

Thanks to

Last edited by atvobsession; 04-07-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.