Pirate 4x4 banner

Rumor Control

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  tacomamike 
#1 ·
It has been a couple of years since I have been able to get up to the Rubicon. There is a lot of former wheelers at my work telling me not to bother, sell my Jeep, find another hobby.
A couple of things they are telling me are that I need to buy a pass for the Rubicon,
and
it is required to carry a portable toilet & oil spill kit.
The oil spill kit is obvious, I always have a container for this, but I can not find anything about the other items.
Whats the real deal?
Also, can I still park my tow rig at the spillway?

#2 ·
You nailed it... rumors.

None of these things are required -- a spill kit and portable toilet are recommended. No permits are available for purchase, but you do need to have an appropriately registered vehicle (can be a license plate or an OHV tag).

Randii

#5 ·
elarsen said:
What are the guidelines for Buck Island? I have heard tickets if you go off the trail at all to it is dispersed camping, ok to park in campsites.

Are the spur trails that go to lower campsites after the dam open or closed?

Thanks!
You need to stay within 25' or so from the center of the trail. There is plenty of room to legally park at Buck, we just took 38 rigs through there and managed to keep everyone on the trail.

Unfortunately, the spur trails to the nice campsites are off-limits now. If everyone is parked in a reasonable spot really close to the trail, I don't see how you would be cited.

Later,
....Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.