Pirate 4x4 banner

When is the trail shut down for the Jamboree?

2K views 17 replies 15 participants last post by  bagman 
#1 ·
I was planning On going up on the 26th starting at Loon. It looks to start on the 27th. What are the blackout dates? Thanks

#4 ·
I didn't think the trail got " SHUT DOWN " it is just kind of common knowledge to stay far far away from the con during those dates. I could be 100% wrong though.

I've accidently hit the con during the Jambo like 5-6 years ago and no one gave me a hard time. But my group mostly wheels at night anyway.

#5 ·
Chopperman said:
I didn't think the trail got " SHUT DOWN " it is just kind of common knowledge to stay far far away from the con during those dates. I could be 100% wrong though..
Someone can correct me, but the Jamboree actually pays to have exclusive use.

#7 · (Edited)
K, here's the deal: I work for Jamboree as a rock roller. During the dates mentioned, the Jamboree has a parade permit granted by the County of El Dorado and re-granted each year by the Board of Supervisors for those dates. This is due to well developed close political ties and the fact that the Supervisors recognize that Jamboree brings many tourist dollars and outside vistors to the County and they view that as a good thing.

The parade permit allows Jamboree to close the trail to anyone who is not in their parade. The reason we are hard nosed about it is that in the past we have had problems with non-participants blocking the trail due to breakdowns (putting us in the position of now working for non-participants in order to get the trail moving) and also being just plain ignorant (driving the opposite direction of Jamboree, blocking the trail just to be jerks, etc.).

That being said, if you run at night as Chopperman suggested, or come in early, stay off the trail and camp, and just hang around to watch the show, I've never seen Jamboree have a problem with it. However, you will not under any circumstances be allowed to go through Rubicon Springs. We discourage driving in the springs in general during the trip as it raises dust. We also have concerns about party crashers eating and drinking for free, taking up camp space that Jamboree has paid for (yes, we pay, and yes it gets crowded) or raising hell with paricipants.

Hope this clears some things up.

Edit: if you want to pay to use the trail during the run, you can by going to the Jeepers Jamboree website and joining the trip. All meals, access to the bar, band, party, giveaways, etc., medical support, parts support, and mechanical support are part of the package. We'd love to have you!

#8 ·
FOTR Supports Jeepers Jamboree Exclusive Use

Just so there's no confusion, FOTR supports Jeepers Jamboree and their exclusive use parade permit on this county road (Rubicon Trail) during the last week of July and first week of August. We ask folks to wheel elsewhere and let the Jambo folks have their well-deserved and paid for fun.

I've heard that Jeepers Jamboree uses something like 300 helpers, volunteers, cooks, rock rollers, and other staff to give the Jamboree (and thus the Rubicon) a great name. We support that and ask others to do the same. This, and the Jeep Jamborees and all the other organized events help us build a power base to keep this trail alive and well. Let's give them their two weeks. By law, it's their exclusive use.

thank you,
Del

#10 ·
Thanks for the good Wrap-Up Del. The Pirates of the Rubicon support this and ask that those people with plans to run the Rubicon on those dates re-scedule so that JJ can pull off this event.

JJ participants spend allot of money and some travel along ways to attend. JJ spends allot of money and effort into tackling this big event.

Please respect the use of the Rubicon trail during this event.

Please attend if you can too!

The Rubicon Trail Foundation will have a booth at the Vendors show so come by and visit!

For more information on the weekend events please contact:

Jeepers Jamboree
530-333-4771
www.jeepersjamboree.com

Kevin Carey
Pirates of the Rubicon

#11 ·
:beer:

I recommend anyone who's never run the JJ...do it at least once in your life. It's a run like no other...it's organized, crazy, crowded, but a lot of fun.

Walking around the springs...you literally...won't believe all the places people sleep...

I went like 20 years ago...I remember this TRASHED Jeep dealer Jeep down near the dance floor...it was a MESS...the guy who drove it, was a Jeep dealer in India and he actually thought the speed from the old sign in the Little Sluice WAS 25MPH!

#12 ·
FYI, The USFS is enforcing trail closure for Jeepers Jamboree.

I have a report that FS Rangers are actively enforcing the trail closure and asking non-participants to leave. This is a heads-up that if you choose to use the trail during the Jeepers Jamboree permit period, you may have to exit the trail.

#13 ·
atvobsession said:
:beer:

I recommend anyone who's never run the JJ...do it at least once in your life. It's a run like no other...it's organized, crazy, crowded, but a lot of fun.

Walking around the springs...you literally...won't believe all the places people sleep...

I went like 20 years ago...I remember this TRASHED Jeep dealer Jeep down near the dance floor...it was a MESS...the guy who drove it, was a Jeep dealer in India and he actually thought the speed from the old sign in the Little Sluice WAS 25MPH!
I am sure 20 years ago you could go 25 through the box:p
I want to go to jeeper jamboree, but my toyota is not street legal (green stickered). and my cherokee is no where nere trail ready. and I don't have 650 for a friend and I at this time. hopefully next year. maybe i can get my mom's tj up there.

#15 ·
Sluice Sally said:
I know Rubicrawler got turned away yesterday, but then someone else went in with no problem:confused:

We planned on a family trip and camping at Ellis Creek next Sat & Sun, I guess we'll make alternate plans.
It really seams like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing :rolleyes: I think you're wise to plan an alternate destination ;)

#17 ·
Yes, the JJ USA jambo is scheduled for that weekend. All in on Friday to the Springs. No trail closure that weekend, but the Springs are reserved for this group.

Scott

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.