Pirate 4x4 banner

RV Parks

4K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  2Dogs 
#1 ·
We are going to run the rubicon for the first time in mid to end of september and need to find an rv park close to Loon Lake. Any one got suggestions.
Thanks in advance

#5 ·
Unles you need hookups, just get a spot at one of the camps near Loon, as suggested. I do it all the time w/ a 38 foot pusher. A real trick to get it in there, but if yer confident in yer driving skills it can be done. THere is an overflow lot at the Loon camp to leave yer trailer in.

#7 ·
resqme said:
Unles you need hookups, just get a spot at one of the camps near Loon, as suggested. I do it all the time w/ a 38 foot pusher. A real trick to get it in there, but if yer confident in yer driving skills it can be done. THere is an overflow lot at the Loon camp to leave yer trailer in.
We camped at Wolf Creek Campground at Union Valley resevoir and another on Wrights Lake over the July 4th break.

Wolf Creek was perfect for our 40'. Loon Lake (south side) was tight, got some tree limb scratch up high but it was mostly pitch and buffed right off.

I liked Wolf Creek, beautiful, good view of the lake, but it's probably 8 or 10 miles from the trailhead.

Wright's Lake (quite a bit further from the trailhead) offers some great day hikes up to where you can see where glaciers tore up the rock. Terriblle mosquitos though since the campground is in the marsh :eek: :shaking:

#9 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Rv

My favorite free place is Airport flat campground, 8 miles or so from Loon.

Icehouse and Robbs are great places if you don't mind just a few more miles from the trail. They have bars, restaurants, stores, etc.

I've had my 38 footer in Airport flat a few times. Some big places there, but no hookups.

Del

#12 ·
Jeepndel said:
My favorite free place is Airport flat campground, 8 miles or so from Loon.

Icehouse and Robbs are great places if you don't mind just a few more miles from the trail. They have bars, restaurants, stores, etc.

I've had my 38 footer in Airport flat a few times. Some big places there, but no hookups.

Del
I don't think there are any hookups in the area.....? However there are a few dump stations, one by the Loon south campground. Generators were not used at night in fact most people kept generator use to a bare minimum that I heard. Like 1 or 2 rigs needed about 15 minutes a day. Nice and peaceful ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.